New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Can't really say much. But what I do know is that there weren't that many Outlanders sold in its limited production run in the country. It is wildly popular in Taiwan though, which should speak a lot about its quality but my main concern is parts availability, especially those small, model specific trim parts. The X-Trail on the other hand has had a very long production run with many units sold. No parts problem then.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtieth View Post
    Hello! Hingi po sana ako ng advice kung anong marerecommend niyo na units given my criteria. Para po ito sa aking aging parents (60s) na madaming lakad. Right now they’re using a very old van (Grace). Thankfully nakapagipon po ako ng konti para sa kanila and I want to buy in cash po soon or in the next 6 months.

- budget: 700k-1M comfy (flex up to 1.2 sagad)
    - not more than 7 years old
    - SUV or any 7seater na hindi van. Gusto ng tatay ko SUV sana. Bahain din po sa lugar nila pag tag-ulan.
    - Comfy: malalaking tao po sila, all 5’10” pataas at bilugin hehe
    - AT/diesel
    - Safety features: Gusto ko po sana yung may side curtain airbags at knee na din po. Dito po ako nahihirapan maghanap. Innova at pajero lang po ang nakikita ko online na pasok dito.

Salamat mga katsikot sa tulong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Better to ask them"

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    "Better to ask them"
    They want an alterra

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Guys i need an advice. Im planning to buy the first car of our family thru financing. Saan po ba mas ok ipasok un car loan.. direct sa bank na wla un mga chattel fee, insurance fees and etc or sa dealer na andun na lahat? Thanks po sa sasagot

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurs10 View Post
    Guys i need an advice. Im planning to buy the first car of our family thru financing. Saan po ba mas ok ipasok un car loan.. direct sa bank na wla un mga chattel fee, insurance fees and etc or sa dealer na andun na lahat? Thanks po sa sasagot

direct bank ka nalang po mas madami kang masasave kesa sa direct dealer. mga 100k cguro masasave mo.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I've read articles and YouTube videos... most of them say na if everything is equal... CVT only gives you 6% savings...

Not much, pero on paper they can use that "6% savings" when making fuel efficiency presentations in developed countries.

Local setting, 4 A/T means there are chances that more third party service centers can rebuild your tranny 10+ years later.

Personally, I've met a lot of old people with 10-20 years 4 A/T cars who never replaced their transmission oil... And the car still brings them from point A-B!

Back to TS...

Get a used Innova or top of the line Sportivo.
    They may not have all the safety features you're looking for, but lets face it... Both are still way better than the Grace.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    They want an alterra

Ayun. What's stopping you from considering the alterra sir? Spacious and comfortable. And since preference na nila baka mas.ok ito...2 airbags pero on par naman sa mga suggestions dito.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Ayun. What's stopping you from considering the alterra sir? Spacious and comfortable. And since preference na nila baka mas.ok ito...2 airbags pero on par naman sa mga suggestions dito.

Nabanggit ng kuya ko sir na baka mahirap daw parts dahil short production. Totoo kaya to?

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I've read articles and YouTube videos... most of them say na if everything is equal... CVT only gives you 6% savings...

Not much, pero on paper they can use that "6% savings" when making fuel efficiency presentations in developed countries.

Local setting, 4 A/T means there are chances that more third party service centers can rebuild your tranny 10+ years later.

Personally, I've met a lot of old people with 10-20 years 4 A/T cars who never replaced their transmission oil... And the car still brings them from point A-B!

Back to TS...

Get a used Innova or top of the line Sportivo.
    They may not have all the safety features you're looking for, but lets face it... Both are still way better than the Grace.
    Tama ka sir hehe pero I don’t have multiple 1 millions lying around so I want to make sure I cover all bases. This will probably be the last car they’ll drive. If I’m just going by what’s better than the grace thats pretty much anything haha. Salamat sa suggestion sir. Medyo ngumingiwi mukha ng tatay ko sa innova haha kahit di niya sabihin im sure ako di niya masyado trip. Looks siguro :/

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Nabanggit ng kuya ko sir na baka mahirap daw parts dahil short production. Totoo kaya to?

Tama ka sir hehe pero I don’t have multiple 1 millions lying around so I want to make sure I cover all bases. This will probably be the last car they’ll drive. If I’m just going by what’s better than the grace thats pretty much anything haha. Salamat sa suggestion sir. Medyo ngumingiwi mukha ng tatay ko sa innova haha kahit di niya sabihin im sure ako di niya masyado trip. Looks siguro :/

The alterra is based on the dmax of the same era so i guess some parts would be identical i.e. suspension etc. I think even the headlights are identical. Sa engine 4jj1...same sa ginamit 3.0 engines sa mux if im not mistaken pre-bluepower. My father owns 1 for almost a decade wala pa naman pinalitan na major part...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008

The Alterra has remained basically the same for its entire production run, IIRC, from 2005-2013. Should have no problem with parts for a very, very long time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast