New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Kapag A/T ang gamit mong oto sa practical exam mo sa LTO, you will get a restriction na A/T lang ang pwede mong i-drive. Yun ang sabi sa akin, buti na lang manual yung dala naming oto nung nag-exam ako.

IMO, if you want to hone your skills, M/T ka muna. Kasi as they said, mas mahirap kung nasanay ka na sa A/T sabay biglang lipat ka sa M/T. Kapag sanay ka na or gamay mo na ang pagmamaneho, saka mo i-try/i-practice ang A/T. For sure sisiw na lang yun.

I've been driving for more than a year pero kahit gamay ko na ang kalsada, I still prefer M/T .

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    AFAIK if you will want an A/T at your driving exam, you need to bring your own A/T car. Because that it is what happened during my driving test. All of us SHOULD drive and pay the 150 pesos fee when we are going to do our driving exam. Even if we brought our own manual tranny vehicles, we MUST still use the alto of LTO at Binan Laguna. And one of those examinees ask what will he drive if he only knows how to drive an A/T car. The examiner said "May dala ka ba na kotse na A/T? Kung wala balik ka na lang pag meron na". But if we are going to drive an M/T we must use their alto even though we brought our vehicles.

Tsk...

I agree that during traffic A/T is definitely preferable than M/T.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    pano po bang Mistubishi CVT? considered po ba yung automatic para rin kasing manual pero alang clutch

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iNoob View Post
    i don't know kung may A/T na actual test sa LTo..
    If you could borrow an A/T car for the test, it would be best. In my experience in our LTO center, Owner Jeep yung i-tetest mo. Pawis steering and m/t.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    pano po bang Mistubishi CVT? considered po ba yung automatic para rin kasing manual pero alang clutch
    It is considered as an Automatic Transmission.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecoism View Post
    If you could borrow an A/T car for the test, it would be best. In my experience in our LTO center, Owner Jeep yung i-tetest mo. Pawis steering and m/t.
    Well, this what I knew before, but when I got mine late last year (finally after 3 years of driving with out one hehe) they now have a suzuki alto with "LTO test drive" which test drivers are going to use. I really don't know in some areas, but here in Binan Laguna they are using that car, a replacement for the owner type jeep which they use about a year ago.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    di ko lang alam kung hanggang ngayon applicable pa to, but AFAIK, it was a fact 2 years ago (advised a friend and he was able to get a driver's license without a test drive).

1. LTO San Juan. They can take the exam for you (pero please naman, at least yung written exam e ikaw na ang kumuha, hehehe) + no practical driving test.

2. Enroll in A1 driving school (at least 5 sessions). Let them apply your driving license. They can do it without the practical driving exam.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Buying a Car for Noob