New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    Usually mga sir, 2013-2016 ung nakikita kong brz/86 with low mileage. mas ok ba ung all stock or ung meron kahit konting mods? tapos ang hirap din makahanap ng merong complete PMS records
    Stock if possible.
    Remember most of the 86/BRZ owner usually don't bring their rides to CASA for PMS after the 1st year. So looking for casa records for PMS after the first year will be hard.
    if it is a weekend ride it will mostly only get a PMS once a year.
    I was spending around 10-15k for my PMS on the T86 before. that's with Motul Oil.
    There are a few shops in the metro Manila area with knowledge on 86/BRZ. as noted by Egan101 above.
    Its way better to bring it to them for peace of mind.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc21420 View Post
    Nah! You’re mistaking a few number of trees for the entire forest. He said that he is spending 4k or something on the Altis every PMS. Don’t tell me he will spend for the 86 double that amount which he will use only on weekends. The 86 first came out in the late 2011 or early 2012 so there are so many shops who aren’t ignorant about it anymore. Nobody here has monopoly of knowledge over cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The thing is, car year models do not dictate PMS costs.

And come on, you can't compare an everyday car to a sports car.

Syempre mas mahal talaga maintennace ng BRZ compared to the average altis.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Saga's ongoing.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    parang nagdalawang isip tuloy ako

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    parang nagdalawang isip tuloy ako
    No, it's not to scare but to make you aware what VINs to stay away from. Look for those that were not part of the recall.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    Logical decision is prepare for your future like what sir jut have said. But by the time you have money again you have different priorities. By the time all priorities are finished and you have the opportunity again hindi na sa iyo bagay kasi matanda ka na :-)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    If in a few years you'll have different priorities (i.e. family), why will you blow your savings for a sports car now?

If you plan to have a child in 3-5 years and you forecast you will spend about 3M pesos for their early years, why not start saving now?

Pag ba bumili ka ng sports car now, mawawala na yung cost nung pagpapalaki ng bata in the future?

If you finish saving up for that 3M (or whatever amount you plan for), edi yung next savings mo pwede mo na pambili ng magandang kotse.

If you're mid-20s now and you delay buying a sports car for 5 years to ensure you have enough for your future plans first (i.e. family, house, etc), then you'll still be just in your early 30s by the time you buy a nice car. At that point, you'll have your important priorities covered AND still have a sports car.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If in a few years you'll have different priorities (i.e. family), why will you blow your savings for a sports car now?

If you plan to have a child in 3-5 years and you forecast you will spend about 3M pesos for their early years, why not start saving now?

Pag ba bumili ka ng sports car now, mawawala na yung cost nung pagpapalaki ng bata in the future?

If you finish saving up for that 3M (or whatever amount you plan for), edi yung next savings mo pwede mo na pambili ng magandang kotse.

If you're mid-20s now and you delay buying a sports car for 5 years to ensure you have enough for your future plans first (i.e. family, house, etc), then you'll still be just in your early 30s by the time you buy a nice car. At that point, you'll have your important priorities covered AND still have a sports car.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Wish I were gifted & wired like you, sir.[emoji120][emoji106]
    Always been that foolish guy who's reliant on The Lord's Wind blowing my sails. Hobo, yes....Happy, yes, too....Grateful? Very much so![emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sound but very hard to follow advise lol

IMO it's always a good idea to stockpile money first, even if you have no plans for kids. Simple fact that money earns more money. That hypothetical scenario of saving up P 3M first before buying your sports car: Even with no kids to send to school, putting that P 3M into a fund that earns 1% per month = P 30k/mo that you can put toward your installment payments. Invest enough money into a fund with a high enough yield and your sportscar is essentially "free" once your monthly capital gain exceeds the amortization payment.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Go for Toyota 86.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456