New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath_Tzikot View Post
    i thought when it comes to maintenance, wrx is higher than the 86
    The WRX has more complex systems compared to the BRZ - turbocharger with intercooler plus AWD axles and system. Maybe he was comparing the BRZ to your Altis.

Like what Jut said, if it brings you happiness to buy a WRX or BRZ, then go for it. If you have bits of hesitation, then keep your money for something more important.

Para sa akin, taasan ko na pangarap ko - BMW M5, para malabo ko mabili in the near future. Hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Logical decision is prepare for your future like what sir jut have said. But by the time you have money again you have different priorities. By the time all priorities are finished and you have the opportunity again hindi na sa iyo bagay kasi matanda ka na :-)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    Logical decision is prepare for your future like what sir jut have said. But by the time you have money again you have different priorities. By the time all priorities are finished and you have the opportunity again hindi na sa iyo bagay kasi matanda ka na :-)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Or the choices will all be hybrids & electrics, CVTs...all unDIYable....Plus, you'll miss out on the chance of a current turning vintage/classic in your hands.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    kaya ang ganda magpost ng thread dito sa tsikot eh, bukod sa my matututunan ka na, mas makakapagdecide ka pa talaga

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Despite that ugly grill, it is still an M5. It is the standard for performance sedans.

I don’t think it’s really ugly. That picture does not do justice to the M5 up close and personal. It’s a v8 4.4 liter turbo. I’ll pick it anytime anywhere over the Mustang. Damn, it’s a performance car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An FI car will cost more to maintain than an NA one. Mainly due to the FI car having higher engine temperature & oil pressure/temp during normal operation thus requiring shorter oil change intervals.

I have a friend who owns both cars and he confirms that the WRX do cost more to maintain. But interestingly for him the BRZ is more fun to drive.

Last edited by benchph1; February 19th, 2020 at 07:20 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    An FI car will cost more to maintain than an NA one. Mainly due to the FI car having higher engine temperature & oil pressure/temp during normal operation thus requiring shorter oil change intervals.

I have a friend who owns both cars and he confirms that the WRX do cost more to maintain. But interestingly for him the BRZ is more fun to drive.

eyeing for the long term reliability and maintenance as well kaya di ko din maalis sa equation si brz. haha.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Usually mga sir, 2013-2016 ung nakikita kong brz/86 with low mileage. mas ok ba ung all stock or ung meron kahit konting mods? tapos ang hirap din makahanap ng merong complete PMS records

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Usually mga sir, 2013-2016 ung nakikita kong brz/86 with low mileage. mas ok ba ung all stock or ung meron kahit konting mods? tapos ang hirap din makahanap ng merong complete PMS records
    The key thing about getting one in stock is that you can modify it to your liking or just keep it as it is. Mods usually don't increase the value of a used car. Also, the previous owner may not have done the mods properly. Yung exterior mods naman, baka mukha na masyadong ricey yung kotse.

Other option for a 2-door RWD car is a Nissan 370Z.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Those had bad valve-springs. There were cases where the engine conked or caught fire post-recall. Check the VIN(if affected) w/ the dealership that performed the recall & verify powertrain warranty on the work involved.
    This Scion FR-S Went Up in Flames After Doing the Valve Spring Recall - The Drive
    Scion FR-S, Subaru BRZ Owners Claim a Recall Fix Is Destroying Their Engines - The Drive
    Not just the 86 & BRZ..Impreza & XV, too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast