New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ^takaw sa gas nyan. mag fortuner 2.7 vvti ka na lang kesa asx.
    plus the asx tranny is a cvt. di ba sakit sa ulo ang cvt?
    The ASX isn't a fuel guzzler anymore than the likes of RAV4, CRV, etc.

The CVT tranny in the Lancer EX and ASX are doing pretty okay. No news of premature failure (unless it was raced often) even from the 2008 Lancer EX units.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I like montero but its quite big. So the brands does not matter here right? since most of your suggestions are Kia or Mazda

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    San budget na yan ser, either Montero or Fortuner na kukunin ko para may laban sa baha.
    Pero kung gusto mo talaga mejo maliit, CRV 7-seater pinaka okay for me.
    Pero kung papogian lang Mazda CX5 or Forester.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hyundai Tucson Love your own

Kidding aside,

For diesel - Sorento / Sportage
    For gas - Sportage / CR-V / Forester 2.0 / CX5

The Rav4 is fast and efficient for 2.5L but bare.. :hammer:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    I like montero but its quite big. So the brands does not matter here right? since most of your suggestions are Kia or Mazda
    The Montero is nice, though being a pickup-based Thai SUV, quality and refinement is definitely not it's forte, especially when compared with CUVs, Korean and Japanese alike. Heck, it lags behind even it's Japan-designed and/or produced siblings in this department. It's really not that big, midsize sedans are longer and about just as wide. I'd go for this if you're after a sturdy ride with 7 seats for going through bad roads and floods. Ride quality is surprisingly good. Despite being a ladder frame vehicle, it is not jittery or bouncy at all.

If you don't need a tough vehicle, I'd suggest the Sorento. You get loads of space, car-like ride and handling along with a powerful and fuel efficient engine. Even better if you are fine with driving stick. Now this is definitely a case of having the cake and eating it too.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    XV, FORESTER NA for GAS

Sportage - diesel..

BTW, Sorento and MS, hindi na yan sub compact SUV? Pero ako I prefer the Sorento over the sportage if we are not limiting the discussion to sub-compact SUV.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nakakalito nga po to, di ba puro compact to large na yung mga nabanggit, smallest being the asx? Akala ko sub-compacts are smaller SUVs the likes of jimny,mini pajero, ecosport.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'd go for diesel ride.

If diesel ride, then Tucson, Sportage or Sorento, and probably Fortuner.... pero iyong 4x2 lang..... (Masyado nang mahal ang Sta Fe)...

MS?,- pasintabi po sa mga may-ari nito, pero I've seen a couple of "V"s on the road na umuusok na,- wala pang plate number...

21.2K:tomato:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

MS?,- pasintabi po sa mga may-ari nito, pero I've seen a couple of "V"s on the road na umuusok na,- wala pang plate number...

21.2K:tomato:
    lagot ka may fatwa na sa iyo nyan bukas, hanapin ka na ng mga mujahedeen. di mo ba alam na religious offence yung sabihin na "mausok ang montero".

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sta. Fe, Tucson, CR-V and RAV-4 for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast