New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

MS?,- pasintabi po sa mga may-ari nito, pero I've seen a couple of "V"s on the road na umuusok na,- wala pang plate number...

21.2K:tomato:
    I've always wondered about that, since our Strada didn't have this problem. Many folks say extra weight of the Montero over the Strada is the reason. But then the Montero in question is 4x2, versus a 4x4 Strada with a Carryboy canopy. No black smoke noticed even with fully loaded cabin and bed. We use Unioil Euro 4 diesel, I wonder if that's the reason.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think it's to do with fuel quality and where you diesel up. I've driven some that didn't smoke, and some that smoked like hell.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    2014 Subaru Forester!
    Before we decided on this we were also considering the Tucson and the CX5 but when you put them head to head the forester's features stands out.

Safety: it has 8 airbags, traction control.
    Performance: proven and tested naman na ang boxer engine and symmetrical awd ng subies. Plus the X-mode is now a standard even in a base model. You'll never know when you'll need it
    Comfort: since my family's a fan of soft and comfy rides ok sya cause they placed the engine lower so you'll get a lower center of gravity daw which results to less vibration.

Fc: hway (conservative) I got 9.8L/100km or 10km/L according to the car which sounds about right.
    Hway (hataw) 13L/100km or 7.6km/L

In city I average between 7-8km/L

This is the base model btw. The non turbo 2.0 model. For 1.397m as its sticker price, it's worth every penny.

Maintenance wise, you only have to take it to the shop every 8k km and it would cost you around 6.3k.
    The only advice of our agent is to maintain the comp insurance cause some parts are expensive like the headlight alone cost 120k and I'm not even sure if it's a pair already.

I hope this helps!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    120K para sa headlights?! Eh paano kung pundido na? baka yung bulb lang eh 20K na? ehehe!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    120K para sa headlights?! Eh paano kung pundido na? baka yung bulb lang eh 20K na? ehehe!
    Yung buong headlight boss slapz haha

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ehehe, pero magkano nga kaya yung bulbs nyan. Don't tell me, kapag pundido, you need to replace all? ahaha!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Ehehe, pero magkano nga kaya yung bulbs nyan. Don't tell me, kapag pundido, you need to replace all? ahaha!
    For sure yung bulbs pwede naman sa labas even yung generic hid's if you prefer that. Yung basag or sira lang talaga siguro upon collision yung sinasabi nya. Hehe

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nope, its just a normal HiD bulb that you can buy outside.
    My stock HiD bulb is still burning strong despite daily night time use for 5 years already.

Try replacing the whole headlight of a Toyota Camry or a Fortuner. It has the same cost. 120k, as quoted by Casa.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ahaha!
    Kaya dapat rubberize nalang yung sa headlight, para di mabasag. :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123