New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Hi all, I'm in the market for a new car and would like to "future-proof" my setup hehehe. Wife and I are thinking of getting a 7-seater when we decide to expand our family of two. Since her family doesn't have a car and nagsisikan sila sa likod ng 2010 Honda City ko, we also want enough room for them when going on trips. So here's the main things we're looking for:

A. Diesel (unless you can make a case for a gas SUV/MPV)
    B. Good aircon
    C. Budget of 1.5M or 25k to 30k per month for 5 years
    D. Mostly city driving so dapat enjoy i-drive kahit traffic
    E. decent space for people and stuff.
    F. Matic

Here's a shortlist so far:

1. Volkswagen Touran
    + Euro (mababaw na reason, but I've always wanted a European car)
    + Enticing safety features.
    + Cruise control!
    - A little above budget yung TDI variant
    - Wife thinks mainit sa mata even though mundane ang design
    - Baka taga sa maintenance at mahirap maghanap ng mechanic for it after warranty.
    +/- No idea what manual aircon means

2. Isuzu mu-X
    +/- Popular so madaming kapareho pero ibig sabihin baka maganda demand ng parts at mechanics
    + Wife really loves the look
    +/- Push start
    + Nice entertainment system
    - less safety features (relatively speaking)

3. Kia Carens
    + Some say it's better than the Touran, no idea
    - least features of the 3
    +/- again, what does manuel aircon?

4. Any other suggestion na hindi Innova / Avanza - no offense sa 2, pero I feel lazy just picking those two. Bang for the buck I know, pero if I can afford a little more to get something slightly unique or better why not diba? At least at the end of the day, kung wala talaga Innova na. As for Ford or Chevy, medyo same issues with VW and I've heard (alam mo naman tayong mga pinoy with hearsay) na may issues daw sa quality mga American cars. Pero I'm open naman to it, if my fears can be eased or something to that extent.

Yun lang po, sana pa makakuha kahit konting tulong at wisdom. Thank you all!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    You have a nice budget there. And it would be wise to also include the all new fortuner, all new montero and all new everest in your shortlist. All are jn the same league as the MU-X and are newer and offer more advanced technology. I would skip your choices and actually pick from this triumvirate.

The all new innova is also launching soon and that is a much better vehicle than the existing one.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    You have a nice budget there. And it would be wise to also include the all new fortuner, all new montero and all new everest in your shortlist. All are jn the same league as the MU-X and are newer and offer more advanced technology. I would skip your choices and actually pick from this triumvirate.

The all new innova is also launching soon and that is a much better vehicle than the existing one.
    Salamat sa feedback sir! Will definitely consider those options as well pero may questions lang po

Ford Everest - okay ba ang non-casa maintenance nya? Yun lang naman talaga kinakatakutan ko sa American cars.

Fortuner - not a fan, bad enough na gobyerno ako, tapos Fortuner. Parang mali dating and mas mainit sa mata.

Montero - probably not the place for this, but the issues about the unintended acceleration makes me uneasy.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    For the choices stated my vote goes to the Mux.

Regarding manual aircon, it just means yung traditional type na nasa majority ng cars na walang climate control kasi you will be the one adjusting the thermostat

Sent via Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by coydeleon View Post
    Ford Everest - okay ba ang non-casa maintenance nya? Yun lang naman talaga kinakatakutan ko sa American cars.
    For brand new if you want to save your warranty, wala ka naman choice

Fortuner - not a fan, bad enough na gobyerno ako, tapos Fortuner. Parang mali dating and mas mainit sa mata.
    Why what's wrong if you're from the govt and naka Fortuner ka?

Montero - probably not the place for this, but the issues about the unintended acceleration makes me uneasy.
    Can't blame you, nagkaron na ng bad stigma eh, but for me hindi ako papaapekto dyan. but thats me

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    For the choices stated my vote goes to the Mux.

Regarding manual aircon, it just means yung traditional type na nasa majority ng cars na walang climate control kasi you will be the one adjusting the thermostat

Sent via Tapatalk
    Oh, is climate control a big deal? Never owned or driven a car with one.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Oh, is climate control a big deal? Never owned or driven a car with one.
    Not a big deal naman.

Yan yung tipong i set mo lang gusto mo na temp and bahala na sya mag adjust ng thermostat and in some cases opening and closing the fresh air vent (if available sa unit) para masunod lang yung temp setting na pinili mo.

At least dyan sa mux madami na rin today. Pinuntahan ko rin yang path na kumuha ng car na kokonti lang sa daan (mazda 323 gen 1). Nung nagkahirapan na sa parts naging money pit na sa repairs, kaya i had to put it away muna as a toy car na lang

Sent via Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    For brand new if you want to save your warranty, wala ka naman choice
    lol, pagkatapos ng warranty syempre tingin na sa iba. Unless di kasing taga ng Honda ang Ford, which I doubt.

Why what's wrong if you're from the govt and naka Fortuner ka?
    May stigma na sa akin na Fortuner = Politician. I mean, can't go wrong with a Fortuner obviously but it's a bit too much personally. (So is a Euro, pero dream ko talaga magka Euro)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    if it's your money, not tax payer's, nothing to be apprehensive about. i drive a fortuner. it isn't in the same category as the Prado or the LC. just because we are public servants it doesn't mean we should look like paupers. our laws only mandate that we lead modest lives.

get the fort or everest or the montero if you like it and if it's well within your budget. let the office envious die of envy.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    if it's your money, not tax payer's, nothing to be apprehensive about. i drive a fortuner. it isn't in the same category as the Prado or the LC. just because we are public servants it doesn't mean we should look like paupers. our laws only mandate that we lead modest lives.

get the fort or everest or the montero if you like it and if it's well within your budget. let the office envious die of envy.
    Same thoughts Atty, at the end of the day you can't please everybody and who says that we should?

And it's a Fortuner (no pun intended BTW). As long as my conscience is clear then screw other peoples malice, maglaway kayo pinaghirapan ko ito!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast