New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Anyone owns an accent already? Can someone confirm the fc of 56 km/ liter?
    Yes, downhill from Baguio ... with the engine off.

Seriously guys, people have been asking some pretty silly questions lately. We're glad to help out but it would really help if people do a little bit of research first.

There's even one in the Toyota Corolla thread talking about how to use the aircon.
    Last edited by Walter; July 9th, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Meron kasing ad na an accent hb is capable of doing 56km/l.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Wonder why Hyundai PH does not come out with the i30. Mas pogi kesa Accent, matipid din.
    http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Show...PIP/index.html

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Meron kasing ad na an accent hb is capable of doing 56km/l.
    Check out Hyundai PH website. It's the banner --> 56.47 km/L. There's a catch though (in small fonts); best consumption rate. However, I think it's just pure marketing mumbo-jumbo as you only get 20%-30% of that figure in Metro Manila traffic conditions.
    Last edited by Egan101; July 9th, 2014 at 11:49 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Anyone owns an accent already? Can someone confirm the fc of 56 km/ liter?
    I own one and I'll say that's not possible. The highest I got based on the car's computer is 35.xxkm/L. That's purely highway driving, coasting on downhills and 60-80kph speed. Ngayon di ko na magawa, sayang yun power ng makina e.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Check out Hyundai PH website. It's the banner --> 56.47 km/L. There's a catch though (in small fonts); best consumption rate. However, I think it's just pure marketing mumbo-jumbo as you only get 20%-30% of that figure in Metro Manila traffic conditions.
    Yep, i know.
    Sabi nga, you can achieved that "w/ the right techniques".

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Pardon me guys, my bad ...

So they're still at it? Hyundai and Kia were fined in the U.S. for misleading fuel economy claims.
    Last edited by Walter; July 9th, 2014 at 12:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

So they're still at it? Hyundai and Kia were fined in the U.S. for misleading fuel economy claims.
    yup, they were fined, they have to pay a tiny amount to each owner depending on his mileage due to the discrepancy in the data. At least the EPA figures Kia and Hyundai use in the US come from an government testing body which is possible in the real world US traffic whereas the 56km/l in a diesel Hyundai Accent is pure lunacy.

The error of Hyundai and KIA in the US was in the range of 1-2MPG, a small amount and just a formality. Whereas 56km/l is probably twice what the average user could realistically get in mixed conditions

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    56?

Ano yan motorcycle?
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 9th, 2014 at 01:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Every manufacturer is guilty of it (local ones included), along with the motoring press. They keep organizing these "Eco-runs" and give out prizes to those who achieve the highest gains (w/c they then publish). The incentive to win is so great some resort to cheating like turning off the engine going downhill and pushing the car across tollgates.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast