New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by avdbonic View Post
    Hi Sir, you are right, it seems that what we need is a van and we've decided to choose starex. Also, I would like to stretch my budget on a grand starex crdi vgt like 2008 or 2009 since I like the look of this model and the power described by the owners and reviews, are these models fine? I have no experience on buying used car, so I would like to ask how much should i allot for repairs and, realistically, will the said model be reliable for say 5 more years?
    Are you sure? The Grand Starex is a lot bigger than the GRX in all dimensions. Repair cost for used cars is kinda "swerte swerte". And vans like the Grand Starex are often daily drivers with high mileages. Do bring a mechanic with you to check out a unit. Some units may have little to no repairs needed, while others may cost you 100k and above if you're unlucky.

If you are truly fine with vehicles of these dimensions, might I also suggest the Kia Carnival. It has lower resale than the Starex and is at least just as good, if you do not need variants with the 4th row.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Question lng guys
    Sulit bang bilhin ang sorento 2010 crdi at 550k?
    Inaalok kasi ng workmate ko at gusto ko rin yung looks ng sorento. Pero question lng is sulit ba siya tsaka hindi ba mahal i maintain?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^^I would suggest checking the condition of the air conditioning system of the unit first before buying it. Baka napalitan na ibang parts niyan or what else sa aircon. Check mo lang para sigurado. Notorious kasi yung aircon nila eh. Even hyundai with their tucson daming nag-aangal sa aircon nila.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster101 View Post
    Question lng guys
    Sulit bang bilhin ang sorento 2010 crdi at 550k?
    Inaalok kasi ng workmate ko at gusto ko rin yung looks ng sorento. Pero question lng is sulit ba siya tsaka hindi ba mahal i maintain?
    Does it look like this model?

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...-crdi-awd.html

If so, then sulit nga yan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Does it look like this model?

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...-crdi-awd.html

If so, then sulit nga yan.
    Yup, it looks like it but with only 5 seaters not 7.
    Hindi ba mahal yung maintenance ng engine nito?
    Baka kasi mas malaki pa gastos sa maintenance

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It should be the same like the maintenance of the Hyundai Santa Fe as they share the same engine and tranny. Check the aircon, electricals, suspension.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Mas mahal than the gasoline variant. Check mo din tranny if it is still responsive. Do a test drive if you wish so.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    actually I'm looking for a 2nd car and FD na sana yung bibilhin ko kaso inoffer to saken and parang mas sulit siya kasi diesel since 40kms yung travel ko everyday. Kaso ang layo ng price diff nila kasi 400k lng yung nakita kong 2011 FD. Kaya question ko is sulit ba siya bilhin at kaya bang tumagal nito for at least 5 years ng hindi masakit sa ulo yung maintenance?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    actually I'm looking for a 2nd car and FD na sana yung bibilhin ko kaso inoffer to saken and parang mas sulit siya kasi diesel since 40kms yung travel ko everyday. Kaso ang layo ng price diff nila kasi 400k lng yung nakita kong 2011 FD. Kaya question ko is sulit ba siya bilhin at kaya bang tumagal nito for at least 5 years ng hindi masakit sa ulo yung maintenance?
    Sa O L X may mga FD na mas mura pa sa 400k... so medyo malayo yung price difference sa sorento.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Sa O L X may mga FD na mas mura pa sa 400k... so medyo malayo yung price difference sa sorento.
    Yup, pero yung nakita ko kasi is 2011 model na pearl white. Mababawi kaya yung 100k w/in 5 years?