New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Not really. On NLEX, I'm not any faster now that I have an Altis instead of a Vios. Like I have always said, highway driving is much more driver-limited than car-limited.

On SCTEX/TPLEX, a more powerful car will easily overtake and top out at a higher speed, but the road isn't usually that empty.

The biggest benefit of having a more powerful car is the effortlessness of the acceleration compared to a Vios. You'd have to redline a Vios to get the same 100-140 kph acceleration of an Accord V6 that's simply cruising in 6th gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even the other cars are the problem, when switching lanes, like in the fast /passing lane, theres a slow car taking wee ole time there...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    my gahd people doing resing resing in the expressway. it could cause lives you know. grow up! wag na magpataasan ng ihi. dun nalang sa race track! peace just venting out with the posts i'm reading

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    my gahd people doing resing resing in the expressway. it could cause lives you know. grow up! wag na magpataasan ng ihi. dun nalang sa race track! peace just venting out with the posts i'm reading
    cool ka lang tay, overtaking someone doesnt mean theyre racing, so relax lang tay

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    I race on the track too so I don't feel the need to make pataas my ihi on the highway.

I don't drive on the highway to race people, I drive to get to work. Sometimes I feel like getting to work quickly, so I drive faster than others. But overtaking per se does not equate to racing, and wringing out the best performance from your car isn't racing either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; October 19th, 2016 at 11:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I don't drive on the highway to race people, I drive to get to work. Sometimes I feel like getting to work quickly, so I drive faster than others. But overtaking per se does not equate to racing, and wringing out the best performance from your car isn't racing either.
    Same with me. Being stuck longer on the road can get really boring so might as well speed up a bit to make more time. As much as possible, I cruise at the speed limit. Sadly, there are a lot of slower cars on our expressways thus cruising at the speed limit makes you look like going really fast.

My speed here is even slower than when I was in the US. Most interstates post a 65mph speed limit and folks cruise at 5-10mph over the limit (except when I was driving in Wisconsin where doing over 70mph will surely get you a speeding ticket). There are some 75mph interstates (CA-NV-AZ) where most people cruise at 90mph. I have not gone to Texas with their new 85mph interstates so I guess there will be some folks cruising at 100mph already.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    100 is pitifully low for our expressways. Even the 120 they supposedly allow in the northern expressways still makes me sleepy at times. 140 is perfectly fine at SCTEX and TPLEX. 160, would just be waking up...

People who are incapable of driving at freeway speeds and the cause of enforcing such speed limits should not be allowed a license in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedanlover View Post
    *egan101 how about the performance of cedia? I prefer manual.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I own a Cedia MT while my wife has already used 3 generations of Vios 1.3. Power wise, lancer has the upper hand since it's torque and HP is higher than of vios. Fuel Efficiency, hands down sa first gen Vios, halos parehas lang ang konsumo ng Cedia at Gen 2 at mas matipid pa ang Cedia compared to gen 3. Comfort and seating position, I prefer Cedia. Libre nga ang gas ng Vios ni wifey pero pag long trip, Lancer ang gamit namin since mas comfortable kami dun.

To TS,

Ok naman ang Vios basta first Gen. other than that, Lancer na ang pipiliin ko.

HTH

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    I own a Cedia MT while my wife has already used 3 generations of Vios 1.3. Power wise, lancer has the upper hand since it's torque and HP is higher than of vios. Fuel Efficiency, hands down sa first gen Vios, halos parehas lang ang konsumo ng Cedia at Gen 2 at mas matipid pa ang Cedia compared to gen 3. Comfort and seating position, I prefer Cedia. Libre nga ang gas ng Vios ni wifey pero pag long trip, Lancer ang gamit namin since mas comfortable kami dun.

To TS,

Ok naman ang Vios basta first Gen. other than that, Lancer na ang pipiliin ko.

HTH
    Seen so many lancer on second hand shop no one dare to buy buti ka pa naappreciate mo sya

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocharger 71 View Post
    Seen so many lancer on second hand shop no one dare to buy buti ka pa naappreciate mo sya
    We own lancer too. May bad na nangyari ba sayo sa lancer? Hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedanlover View Post
    We own lancer too. May bad na nangyari ba sayo sa lancer? Hehe

i used to have a 2003 lancer cvt.
    it was a most comfortable drive, but not as responsive as the competition (the altis). i was always left behind when the green light flashed on. as jut above said, the cvt robbed the engine of its power.
    and it guzzled gas. something like 6-7 km/li in the city.
    but the passengers were the most comfortable, compared to the competition at that time. passenger space, ingress and egress were/are, in my opinion, the best at that time, and even with today's current competition.
    also, in my opinion, the toys' buttons were better placed than the concurrent altis'. except for that terrible stock HU of the lancer.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 23rd, 2016 at 10:26 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast