New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    *egan101 how about the performance of cedia? I prefer manual.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedanlover View Post
    Jut703 already gave you a summary of the performance summary of the Lancer Cedia CVT. Not sure though how much quicker the MT model is over the CVT model.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Is it safe then to assume that Jazz is the fastest/quickest vehicle under the 1 million pesos category?

How about the diesel Accent? I've read somewhere here that this car is also considered fast due to its turbo charged engine.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie26 View Post
    Is it safe then to assume that Jazz is the fastest/quickest vehicle under the 1 million pesos category?

How about the diesel Accent? I've read somewhere here that this car is also considered fast due to its turbo charged engine.
    The Jazz can't even break 10 seconds for a 0-100kmh sprint. The Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost can do it in just above 9 seconds with the Mazda2 1.5L SkyActiv trailing a few tenths of a second behind.

Not sure how quick the new Accent CRDi can be with its new 7-speed DCT tranny.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A Vios 1.3 engine has only about 80+ horses.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    A Vios 1.3 engine has only about 80+ horses.

And using that to push a body weighing just over 1000kg???

The previous gen Jazz with the lower trim 1.3L AT makes 100hp feels lethargic and slow to respond.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    And using that to push a body weighing just over 1000kg???
    Adequate enough for me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Adequate enough for me.
    driven one a few times, ok naman, suspension is soft..para kang nasa crib..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Vios is a good commuter car, same as the City. It offers good interior space, a big trunk, a soft ride, fuel efficient, and easy to maintain. More like a good household appliance, reliable and dependable.

It appeals to most folks as it gets the job done, bringing you from point A to point B. However, for those longing for more responsiveness and feel in driving, it will not be appealing and more like boring.

In my previous employer, we had a Vios and Altis to provide ferrying duties for our local pre-sales engagements. No complaints on my end as I'm merely a passenger on it.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedanlover View Post

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Are you looking to buy a Cedia? I suppose compared to a 1.3 Vios, 110hp is still 110hp. The Vios most certainly has the low end torque as characteristic of Toyota engines which makes it lightfooted in city driving but the Cedia would still have the advantage on the highway.

If you want the most performance for your buck, get the Accent CRDi. Rather poor in every other aspect but has a gem of an engine. Just make sure you get a well-maintained, private unit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast