New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    Considering na 1.3 ang vios 2016 pero dohc siya mas matulin ba ito sa cedia 3rd gen na 1.6 at mazda 2 2012 na 1.5 kasi both cedia ang mazda 2 is sohc?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedanlover View Post
    Considering na 1.3 ang vios 2016 pero dohc siya mas matulin ba ito sa cedia 3rd gen na 1.6 at mazda 2 2012 na 1.5 kasi both cedia ang mazda 2 is sohc?
    Jest check out the power/torque and weight specifications of the 3 models you're looking at. The car with the higher power to weight ratio will provide performance.

If you want a quick and fast car for the price of most subcompacts, get the Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost. It may only have 3 cylinders but it is turbocharged and direct-injected. The small 1.0L turbo engine produces power like most 1.6L NA engines and torque of 2.0L NA engines. Peak torque is already available at below 2k rpm when most small NA engines (1.2L - 1.6L) reaches their peak torque at over 4k rpm.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Mahirapan basehan sa ganon lang ang power ng isang engine. Best way is to see its dyno sheet, if it has one. Take note of how much power and torque is made at what rpm.

DOHC is really nothing to write home about nowadays since it has almost become the norm already. Although there are still some SOHC holdouts, many of which are Hondas, and those are most definitely no slouch.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Then iconsider rin natin ung mga ibang factors except the driver.hehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Then iconsider rin natin ung mga ibang factors except the driver.hehe

TS, disregard the driver if car A vs car B...we are not racing here..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

hard to say, basing just on paper specifications. there are other considerations:
    1. what engine did they build around those specifications? what fuel used?
    2. how much weight is the engine carrying (itself, powertrain, car body, wheels and tires).

best thing to do, is to actually test-drive (test-race?) them.

good luck in your quest for speed, sir.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Don't forget the transmission gearing. The 2006-2008 Sonata 3.3 V6 has 234 hp while the 2009-2010 V6 model has 249 hp. But, the older model has slightly quicker acceleration due to better gearing.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

DOHC versus SOHC will tell you nothing about how much power an engine makes.

The Jazz 1.5 is the most powerful non-turbo 1.5 in the class, but it's SOHC.

But power alone will not tell you which car is fastest. The Mazda2, with its puny 105 hp, can hit 100 km/h just slightly slower than a Ford Fiesta EcoBoost.

The fastest car is the fastest car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006

As what Niky said, DOHC vs SOHC doesn't matter.

The Mazda 2 1.5 is easily faster than the Vios 1.3.

The Cedia Lancer has a slow CVT that robs it a lot of power, so AT to AT, the Vios could be faster. With the MT, the raw power of the Lancer should overcome it.

All I can say is from personal experience, the Vios does 0-100 in about 13 seconds, with a top speed of 175 kph. It can catch up on the highway with any 1.6L car and non-VGT PPVs, as long as driven properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *sedanlover - if performance (quickness) is a key requirement in your purchase, the Vios 1.3L models will not fit your needs. Look to the Fiesta Ecoboost or Mazda2 or Jazz if choosing from the subcompacts. Or you have more options if you look into the bigger compact cars (Civic, Focus, Mazda3, etc.)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast