New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    Kung talagang magiging practical ka sa FC and hindi sa looks ng sasakyan and resale value. Go for avanza. Alternative is the Suzuki APV type II.
    By the way sir, dont you wanna try looking for a second hand Starex, yung pang down na 350K kasyang kasya.
    May kaibigan kasi ako na engineer na sabi eh yung 1.3 daw na Avanza eh minadali like the chassis, aircondition, etc. So kung mag Avanza man daw ako, yung 1.5 na lang daw. Eh halos same price na rin lang naman sila ng Innova J. Di naman na ako sure ulit kung minadali din ang Innova J at marami din comments ang users. Baka may Innova J manual transmission owners diyan, kamusta naman po performance niya? Any disappointments? Baka nga yan lang kaya ko in case di talaga afford ang automatic. Takot din ako bumili ng 2nd hand kasi wala ako kilala na mechanic. I might buy a nearly broken one.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    You may want to visit this site http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/ to check the specs of the units you would like to consider.

Thank you very much! This site really helped me a lot in trimming down what I wanted, which brought me out to a question on what would you choose (your choice, not mine), a 2.0 J Innova M/T Gas or a 1.5 G Avanza? The price are exactly the same, but specs wise, what would you choose? Avanza has power windows in this one, the Innova has not. The specs site helped me include Avanza 1.5G in my list! Avanza or Innova? Or Vios E? I really liked Vios E but my friends also told me that few months from now you would say "I should have bought an SUV" dahil nga sa space, like what ronw123w124 mentioned, sikip dahil sa gamit ng bata.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Kung talagang magiging practical ka sa FC and hindi sa looks ng sasakyan and resale value. Go for avanza. Alternative is the Suzuki APV type II.
    By the way sir, dont you wanna try looking for a second hand Starex, yung pang down na 350K kasyang kasya.
    May kaibigan kasi ako na engineer na sabi eh yung 1.3 daw na Avanza eh minadali like the chassis, aircondition, etc. So kung mag Avanza man daw ako, yung 1.5 na lang daw. Eh halos same price na rin lang naman sila ng Innova J. Di naman na ako sure ulit kung minadali din ang Innova J at marami din comments ang users. Baka may Innova J manual transmission owners diyan, kamusta naman po performance niya? Any disappointments? Baka nga yan lang kaya ko in case di talaga afford ang automatic. Takot din ako bumili ng 2nd hand kasi wala ako kilala na mechanic. I might buy a nearly broken one.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir, avanza nalang po kayo. pero kung kaya po ng budget pa, innova e ang kukunin ko and i'll go for a diesel innova. ang avanza, gasoline lang yan pero engine eh 1.5 lang so ok na yan

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    just my thoughts...

we're a family of 5 - 16, 12, and 8 yrs old. and we were able to live with sedans a few years ago. 5 can fit just right in a sedan. but now we have bigger cars na.

i thought na if you only have one child, it might be more practical to get a sedan muna. and if you need more space in the future, then you can sell it and get another car, mas bago pa.

in my opinion, if you dont really have the immediate need of a big car, its fine to buy a sedan muna because you might get tired rin of your car after a while and you might want to sell it so you can buy a newer one.

well thats just my opinion...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Avanza 1.5 AT.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    on second thought, if the avanza is just about the same price as sedans, why not? i suppose its not so bad sa fc?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi sir,
    There is always tradeoffs po in choosing a vehicle for your family.
    1. Definitely po if you consider going out always with your family and baby. It will take a lot of space for the kid's things. If you consider space, review if the interior and cargo can be adjusted for either passenger or cargo.
    2. Regarding Fuel consumption Generally, A/T consumes more than manual the other side you need to manually shift especially during traffic. As for type of engine Diesel or gas, that is your preference but personally being practical Diesel is cheaper than Gas. If both types of engine will consume the same amount per km you get more from a 500 pesos worth of diesel.
    For me my preference from most to least priority for both A/T, manual, Diesel and Gas
    in terms of Fuel consumption
    Manual/Diesel
    A/T Diesel
    Manual/Gas
    A/T Gas

Not sure if you considered in getting a GOOD second hand vehicle.
    Have you considered an Adventure? (disclaimer: I am an advie lover)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    xtrail for the legendary aircon and nice space you need kaso its way above the price. well that's just my 2 cents hehe

hindi yata sulit 1.5 ng avanza kasi price niya = to a better and bigger innova na e. just dont get the J variant ng innova. kung avanza vs innova na lang choices niyo talaga then if not the 1.3 avanza, then go for the innova

pag sedan kasi kinuha mo tapos yung stuffs niyo kelangan pang kunin sa likod kung halimbawa mazda3 yan edi ibababa niyo pa yung ibang rear seats para lang makuha gamit eh hassle naman kung ganun so get an auv/suv na talaga. yung iba nga hindi naibababa yata rear seats e so tendency eh bababa ka pa ng kotse para lang makuha gamit sa likod

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by adiamitoby View Post
    We have an innova j diesel mt, about the transmission, 1st gear sucks, sweet spot is in 3rd gear. Okay naman po ang performance, smooth naman and could adequately get up to speed, bad trip nga lang po pag traffic (that's the only time i wish it was an automatic). Fuel consumption is good around 11-13 kpl, if you want an automatic, fuel consumption would suffer, my friend's innova g at gets around 7-9 kpl. Aircon is cool, if you're particular about getting high/low end model get the "e" variant, resale value? it's a toyota!

what do you mean by "minadali"? afaik (did some training with a local car manufacturer) there should be no difference in quality between a low end and high end model, actually (this is only my opinion) if we are to talk about build quality in an assembly line, there is less chance for a low end model to have build quality issues than a high end one because there is simply less equipment,accessories etc. to fail or be defective. Also, workers dont care if its a "j" or "g" or even a "v".... just dont buy a car made on a monday or friday... hehe just kidding

hope this helps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
AUV/SUV or simple car?