New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Well yeah, the lancer`s style is quite old. You could add up the Toyota Yaris, Honda Jazz and the Honda City into your choices.

Upon checking into honda`s price list, you could get the City, the BARE CITY. In your given budget, you`re short by 16k for you to get a City 1.3S which is a not-so bad car. The 16k shortage could go up though, upon talking to a sales agent it could go up because of the insurance, lto and other fees.

And also, the Jazz wouldnt fit your budget, even the 1.3S Jazz.

So your choices is down to the lancer glx. Yes the Vios E. and the Accent CRDi. and the Sentra.

Would you mind adding into your choices sub-compacts?
    Then I guess it would be the Vios or the Lancer then (or the focus. Dear cousin, hear our pleas!). And no, we wouldn't want to have a subcompact. Thanks anyway. .

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    I don't really know with my Dad, but yeah. D:

My mom likes the Livina but my Dad doesn't. I'm kinda okay with it. Dad said we'd rather get the Optra wagon despite being only a 5 seater instead of a Livina because we're only 3 in the family anyway.
    NOT A CHEVY. PLEASE!

The optra`s body is just too heavy. It`s a gas guzzler. Its maintenance cost would kill you.

This is just IF your dad would choose the optra.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    (un)fortunately, he also scrapped the Optra off the list. )

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Teka, you want choices other than the Vios E? And yet do do not want a subcompact for a 700 thousand price range?

This would drastically limit your choices. Jimny, anyone?

I suggest therefore to wait for the Mazda 2 and its twin the Ford Fiesta. These are all new vehicles that would reach our shores next year.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    I don't know with them. When they found out that one of their friends bought a Sentra, they burst out in laughter.
    For someone with a budget limit of P700K, they shouldn't be laughing at one of the best cars of their limited choices.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Teka, you want choices other than the Vios E? And yet do do not want a subcompact for a 700 thousand price range?

This would drastically limit your choices. Jimny, anyone?
    Exchanging a subcompact for a compact biscuit tin? (no offense meant, Jimny owners)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Go for the jazz!! 700k din budget ko nun. Choices ko Lancer GLS, Vios 1.3MT and jazz.. Mas sulit Jazz

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For someone with a budget limit of P700K, they shouldn't be laughing at one of the best cars of their limited choices.
    Agree.

They probably have to scout the Lifan and Cherry cars to appreciate that the Sentra is a better option.

kia rio... tignan nyo muna bago humusga..

livina is 858T (6MT)...napaka layo sa price ng vios E.... but napakalayo ng performance din.

city 1.3S..pero comment ko lang is, masyadong subsob ang a-pillar, kaya lagi ako nauuntog dun while entering and pag sisipat ako sa harap(for parking purposes) untog agad sa windshield.

jazz 1.3 ok din....

but new honda citys and jazzs have only D and S... no D3,2 and L so no engine braking.. you'll depend on the "grade-logic" of the system which is a challenge.

avanza 1.3J non taxi or 1.5G?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I read from the Sentra thread about the an new owner who compared the Vios and Sentra before going for the Sentra. He says in terms of cabin space, Sentra and Vios are similar. But the xxtra space on the Sentra (being a compact car, unlike a subcompact like Vios) goes to the front engine compartment and trunk volume capacity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Any viable alternatives to Vios 1.3E?