New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tips plz :worried:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont show that you're eager to buy.

on checking cars, check on what's not easily visible (door jambs, suspensions etc etc)

siyempre katukin mo ang car.

never mind the odometer, lagi naman atrasado yan. check mo yung gas/break/clutch pedals kung worn out na, tires also

open and close the doors kung align, if not baka na replace na o bangga!

and lastly (for the moment)
    check cars on mornings pala wala kang ma miss.
    goodluck happy hunting,
    newbee, hanggang ngayon wala ka pa rin nabibili???

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What do you mean by checking on mornings? Di ko yata gets ito.

Dude Kimpoy, wala pa rin nga, medyo magulo kasi, long ass story.... Hopefully it has a happy ending.

About the odometer, I think tama ka laging dinadaya, may napagtanongan ako, nagalit nung tinanong ko kung saang dealer binili nung original owner, at kung may complete records....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iwasan mo tumingin ng kotse sa gabi kasi hindi mo makikita yung mga "hidden" agenda.

mas maganda kung hindi sa mga buy and sellers, mas ok kung kilala mo yung may ari ng aotu or at least direct seller.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better to bring a mechanic that you know personally and trust. This really helps a lot for those hidden worn out parts. Try to look under the hood, under the car and stuff like that.

If your getting an A/T car, smell the transmission fluid. If it has a sweet smell then the transmission is most likely ok. If it has a burnt smell, then that's definitely not a good buy. A test drive really helps. (try to go through all the gears to see if the clutch is slidding, most especially for A/T cars. Coz sometimes it's just a higher gear that slides and you won't notice it. If it were an M/T car, you'd more often than not notice it on the first gear alone.)

Try to look at the paint at an angle, if you see any fadings, discolorations, warps. Then most likely it has been damaged. (of course, the katok method works too). Check for bubbles too that are still tiny, they will grow eventually, so beware.

If i were you, I safe bet would be those certified pre-owned cars that some dealers have, i.e. BMW and Honda I believe have some. (I can't recall w/ regards to other dealers in manila at the moment). Here in the states, it's a common thing. I'd rather get it from them, than a run of the mill buy and sell lot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Merong pre owned yung Ford Makati, kaso lang walang 6 month warranty, unlike sa BMW.

OK lang kaya yun?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    newbee,

eto lang ma-advise ko.
    1. look at the gaps and clearances sa body panels especially the doors. pag di magkapareho ang gap chances are inayos na ito.
    2. Try to push down the four corners of the car. pag matagal huminto ang bounce busted na shocks.
    3.Look at the paint behind the doors and the hood. compare it with the exterior paint.para malaman mo kung repainted na.
    4.Look at the pedals, pag pudpud na malayo na napuntahan ng car.
    5. Driver's seat. if it looks worn out the car is likely worn out too.
    Good luck when going to buy and sell areas. A word of advise: Don't appear too eager pag kursunada mo ung kotse.When the dealer sees that u like the car di ka na makaktawad ng malaki.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually when you see the vehicle feel mo naman agad kung may something fishy dito. Nung nakita ko yung Pajero alam ko nang retokado ang kulay. Pero minsan mahirap talaga ang umibig, hahamakin ang lahat. Kaya inuwi ko pa din. hehehehe.

You should have a pretty good mental picture of how this vehicle looked nung brand new para makita mo ang mga alterations at modifications na ginawa sa kanya. And do not consider buying anything without a test drive.

Hindi lang sasakyan ang dapat tignan. Pati seller dapat kaya mo i-assess kung matino o hindi. Fortunately yung kinukunan namin ng sasakyan ay ok naman. Kahit hindi kami sa kanya kumukuha, he assists us in any way he can (checking kung carnap, transfer of ownership, etc.).

At dahil ito ay pre-owned na, wag ka nang aasang may warranty pa either express or implied. Yung mga pre-owned naman ng casa mas mataas sa market value ang bentahan. A good place to go kung medyo baguhan ka pa lang sa sugal na ito (para talagang sugal ang 2nd hand although bihira naman ang talo).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the spark plugs have not been replaced recently, checking them ALL will reveal some engine problems if there's any ... if you see anything other than brownish and fairly clean plugs, you have a clue that the engine have a problem ... something blackish may be an indication that the engine is burning oil ... remember, you have to check all plugs because it is possible that only one cylinder is having a problem.

if the plugs are new, check them after your test drive and the engine have cooled down (say 15-30 minutes).

Any tips on what to look out for when going to a buy & sell shop?