limited cargo space;
    marami kalampag

escape 2.0 = stable sa potholes.. maganda suspension;
    malakas sa gas;
    mabagal dahil a/t;
    quite ang cabin

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    no one has mentioned the ford everest?!!
    mas mura pa yun sa tribute or escape, tapos turbo-diesel pa.

of course the rear suspension is leaf-spring.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    IMO, either Escape or CR-V... marami nagsasabi sa akin na mataas talaga ang resale value ng honda compared sa ibang brand... i'm not saying this dahil naka-CR-V ako... nalaman ko lang sa members ng racing aura na tumatambay sa internet cafe ko po..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda

but, you also said that you want a smooth ride... and the CR-V isn't excatly a smooth ride... so off with it... (the Rav4's ride too is a bit on the harsh side - bordering on firm and matagtag)

========

impulzz, the present Rav4 does not have a car-based platform. it has its own unlike the CR-V which is based on the Civic.
    ithink the not so smooth ride you're refering to is that of the 10 seater or 8 seater cr-v.

The CR-V with the new 5 seater and appropriate spring rates has a better ride feel (unlike that of the previous 10 seater or the current 8 seater). Although the Cr-V seat cushions are on the firm side.

Yep just like what impulz mentioned the rav4 is also considered 'car based' since it is stilll has a unibody frame.

kpdlr,
    with todays soaring gas prices i'd recommend the rav41.8L. Fuel consumption is just similar to driving a regular sedan. the ride feel is a bit stiff but tolerable. interior space is a bit cramped. Only 3 can sit at the rear and the legroom is also minimal.

If you should get a cr-v the fuel mileages is similar to the Xtrail based fromt he reviews posted here around 5.5-6km/L
    styling is a bit bland especially the side profile and the interior.
    You might also consider the fact that the CR-V has an upcoming facelift in 2005(6)

If you want one with 4x4 i like the xtrail's system better than the rest of the carbased utes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano ba budget, sorry ah mabagal ang serve ko, pero kung above 1M na, stretch it to 1.3 para kia sorento na

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt, yup... i was referring to the 8/10 seater CR-V.

but, as he mentioned - his budget will not enable him to purchase the 5 seater 2wd CR-V.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    mbt, yup... i was referring to the 8/10 seater CR-V.

but, as he mentioned - his budget will not enable him to purchase the 5 seater 2wd CR-V.
    Actually the 8 seater is more expensive than the 5 seater

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hello everyone! thank you for all the replies to my post! i was only able to read all of it now....i have finally decided that its the ford escape that i want! my boyfriend took it for a test drive and fell in love with it (yes...miss kpdlr po ako, hindi po sir! heehee...) so we finally decided to go with that... mag-iipon pa kami para makabili ng aso... hehe... thanks for the help! i was about to buy the rav4 til you guys told me that the ride wasn't so good...kaya ford escape we go!!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Just so you know, the 2005 Ford Escape is already out in the U.S.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    the 2005 Ford Escape! out na pala eh!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
About to buy an mini-SUV, please help...