New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brian_t View Post
    Hello guys, newbie here. I'm planning to buy my first car, and I'm looking in to getting a 2nd hand SUV for a budget of 500k. I went into some online post/threads for used cars, for the price range +/-50k the following cars/models fits the bill:

Honda CRV 2004 4x2 at
    Toyota Rav4 2004 4x2 at
    Nissan Xtrail 2004 4x2 at

Which of above car is better? Fuel consumption, ergonomic, build, and etc. (I'd like to know the honest opinion for those who owned and drive the mentioned cars).

I'm totally new to cars so forgive me for my newbish questions. Many thanks.
    Among the three I would go for the xtrail. It has the best suspension among the 3. Gripes ko lang is yung alternator pulley madali masira and the dash easily gets scratched. The rav 1.8 4x2 doesnt have a/t. M/t lang. 2nd gen CRV sobrang stiff suspension nito and lakas sa gas.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, the second generation CRV isn't all that bad. It's main selling point at its time was that Honda marketed it as a "10-seater" car giving it a tax loophole. At it's time, it was priced under the 1 million peso mark while rival Toyota RAV4s were at 1.4m. HUGE discount

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    1. Rav4
    2. XTrail

forget the 2nd gen CRV.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Get the RAV4, best build quality IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2nd hand SUV for 500k