New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to see if the shipping costs will be offset by the Manila prices of a second hand unit (usually it's a bit lower in Metro Manila as compared to the province, AFAIK).

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    My vote is for the Altis. Vios may be nice and economical to own... but, even just knowing you're driving an Altis, may be more satisfying.
    Haha ganun ba talaga pag naka Altis. In that case mas gusto ko Vios, gusto ko kc simple lng, para Hindi pansinin ng mga bad elements sa paligid.

Anyway, I was able to talk to the seller of Altis and he wants to show me the car tonight after work. Ok, this is it. He better have an explanation why the car wasn't registered this year...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ^ you're the buyer and the altis owner is the seller. qag ikaw maghabol at kumontak hayaan mo siya maghabol sa iyo. another option fot you kung ayaw mo paship from manila to cebu yoy can do a marlboro adventure and drive the car from manila to cebu via roro

Sent using Pera Padala

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    btw, it's not a good idea to check out a vehicle at night. aside sa safety concerns di mo pa ma-check mabuti yung sasakyan lalo na mga gasgas

Sent using Pera Padala

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    btw, it's not a good idea to check out a vehicle at night. aside sa safety concerns di mo pa ma-check mabuti yung sasakyan lalo na mga gasgas

Sent using Pera Padala
    I agree here. You will really miss a lot by inspecting the car at night. I made that mistake before and when i saw the car again during the daylight (after we reserved it), there was a major collision repair at the rear.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    It is with finality that the Altis V is written off of my choices. Ako yung habol ng habol sa seller. When we had agreed to meet, hindi na makontak on the last minute.

So I checked out an Altis E manual and a Suzuki Swift AT na fully loaded. So hard to decide.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... The Swift is nice too, especially if you don't need much space. Check parts and service availability at your area though.

Just wait and take your time. Ive been through that many times and the best deals ive gotten was when I would play the patience and waiting game. ;)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    This is the 08 Altis E
    http://www.ayosdito.ph/vi/6849152.htm

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Maborloloy din masyado if you ask me. When buying second hand, go for a unit that is near-stock and clean. Those kinds of aftermarket add-ons (particularly the none-OEM parts) don't add any value to the car. How much are they selling?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i also prefer stock. sometimes, the borloloys do not agree with the buyer; he ends up spending more just to have them removed.
    also, i always fear the add-ons are there to "hide something" seller does not want buyer to notice.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Is 2009 Altis 1.6V a good buy?