New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eliah View Post
    Thanks for your inputs sirs.
    Married na with 2 kids. As for the Altis, yun kasing bayaw ko meron silang Altis (second hand) and they have a not so good experience with it.

Since wala kasi akong experience with cars, I'm thinking na kahit luma na yung Honda ma-out perform pa rin nya ang Vios kahit medyo bago pa ito. Might go with Vios, but if there are any other cars that you can suggest within our 250k budget that'll be great.

Thanks again sirs.
    What's the problem with their Altis? Aside from sludging, there's nothing else much of a problem with the Altis and it's something like of an upsized Vios.

Between your choices, Vios no doubt. I had a 2001 LXi before (ES body) and it's nothing great; it'll only up the Vios in terms of rear legroom. FC and everyday performance will still favor the Vios.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for your inputs sirs. Keep them coming.

As for the Altis, I don't know what's my in-laws problem. Madalas kasi nasa talyer and one time na nagpunta kami sa Bulacan, there's a bad smoke coming from the aircon kaya pinasok ulit sa talyer sa Bulacan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for the Altis, I don't know what's my in-laws problem. Madalas kasi nasa talyer and one time na nagpunta kami sa Bulacan, there's a bad smoke coming from the aircon kaya pinasok ulit sa talyer sa Bulacan.
    Seems to be more of a problem of the unit of your in-laws then the Altis per se.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since yung Civic VTEC3 papasok naman sa budget mo, yun nalang! As mentioned, the most significant fault with the Vios is its smallish cabin space and trunk, but then it turns out that you need that a lot.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thank you sa mga suggestions nyo sir.
    Leaning towards the Vios na sana ngayon nagdadalawang isip na ko if I should get the Honda. Being a car newbie ang lamang na ng Vios para sa akin ay yung year nya (2005).

I hope somebody here can post more solid points why I should get either the Honda (any model as long na pasok sa 250k budget) or Vios.

Thanks again guys!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since yung Civic VTEC3 papasok naman sa budget mo, yun nalang! As mentioned, the most significant fault with the Vios is its smallish cabin space and trunk, but then it turns out that you need that a lot.
    Sir ano pa lamang ng VTEC3 against the 2005 Vios aside from the looks?

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Marami pala kayo. Kung ganun huwag na yung Vios, ang liit nun eh. OK yung Civic, malawak ang loob. If you look harder, and negotiate well, meron ding mga VTEC3 units that will fit your budget.
    Like these for example: Honda Civic AT - 02 | Cars for sale Manila | AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic AT - 02 | Cars for sale Manila | AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic AT - 02 | Cars for sale Parañaque | AyosDito.ph
    Honda Civic VTi MT - 02 A1 condition | Cars for sale Marikina | AyosDito.ph
    Thank you for the links sir. Sakto we're looking for Automatic talaga para magamit din ng wife ko. Being a car newbie ang gaganda na nito para sa kin. I hope you can enlighten me more towards the topic thread.

Many thanks guys!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sir ano pa lamang ng VTEC3 against the 2005 Vios aside from the looks?

Thanks
    The VTEC3 has bigger cabin space than the Vios. But I would suggest that you should get the Vios instead. Maintenance wise, vios is cheaper to maintain than the VTEC3.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Automatic diba? Pero 2001-2002 pa yung kukunin mo na VTEC3. Wag na.

If I'll get an automatic, I`ll make sure it's at least 10 years below. At a decade kasi usually diyan lumalabas yung sakit ng ATs, even earlier kung hindi maalaga yung previous owner.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you're comparing two second-hand cars, so get one with a good maintenance history, and be ready for repairs. honda casas have a centralized record of each car's maintenance history. (does toyota have this already?)

my brother's 2005 vios 1.3 e had no problem in the first 5 years, except for tires, some bulbs. after 5 or 6 years, he replaced only front shocks (and maybe a couple of other suspension parts).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2001 Honda Civic Lxi or Toyota Vios 2005