New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How sure are you that the odometer hasn't been tampered?
    No idea yet; saw the sale ad just this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    What car?

If it is indeed a garage queen, there is also the worry of lots of deteriorated parts due to disuse.
    It's a Sentra LEC. I like it, to be honest; but that reality also worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have good experience with sentra.
    Does that include B13s?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post

Does that include B13s?
    nopo.
    i'm not a small person kasi. the B13 is too small for me. i like the B14 upwards.
    i also prefer power steering.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    nopo.
    i'm not a small person kasi. the B13 is too small for me. i like the B14 upwards.
    i also prefer power steering.
    Oh... so LECs don't have power steering, dr. d? Hmmm...

Let me PM you po.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Does that include B13s?
    I have a relative who has a 1997 Sentra LEC PS. Don't know how much the mileage is now, but quite sure it hasn't breached 100tkms yet. Matipid daw, how much in km/L, dunno. Aircon is very, very good even uptil now and AFAIK, nothing has been replaced yet. Have driven it a few times. Performance is actually pretty good, as long as you bear in mind that this is a carbureted 1.3. Very cramped though. I'm 5"10. To get my desired driving position, there would be hardly any legroom left for the rear passengers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Oh... so LECs don't have power steering, dr. d? Hmmm...

Let me PM you po.
    the LEC-PS is power steering.
    the plain LEC... well, one has to check.
    yung ibang seller kasi, they don't emphasize the "-PS" part.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 1st, 2017 at 09:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I have a relative who has a 1997 Sentra LEC PS. Don't know how much the mileage is now, but quite sure it hasn't breached 100tkms yet. Matipid daw, how much in km/L, dunno. Aircon is very, very good even uptil now and AFAIK, nothing has been replaced yet. Have driven it a few times. Performance is actually pretty good, as long as you bear in mind that this is a carbureted 1.3. Very cramped though. I'm 5"10. To get my desired driving position, there would be hardly any legroom left for the rear passengers.
    Thanks, GTi this affirms me that I am setting my eyes on a good car.

Actually, I've been looking for a "fixer-upper" car (well, fixer-upper is a term for real estate) in the 15k to 30k range... something that will let me experience car restoration. I plan to use it as my daily drive to work so I could minimize the wear and tear on my 2009 Altis (I'll be frequently driving the Cainta-Calamba-Cainta route six months from now).

the LEC-PS is power steering.
    the plain LEC... well, one has to check.
    yung ibang seller kasi, they don't emphasize the "-PS" part.
    Thanks, dr. d! Something I need to take note of. By the way, I sent you a PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks, GTi this affirms me that I am setting my eyes on a good car.

Actually, I've been looking for a "fixer-upper" car (well, fixer-upper is a term for real estate) in the 15k to 30k range... something that will let me experience car restoration. I plan to use it as my daily drive to work so I could minimize the wear and tear on my 2009 Altis (I'll be frequently driving the Cainta-Calamba-Cainta route six months from now).

Thanks, dr. d! Something I need to take note of. By the way, I sent you a PM.
    Good car, yes, but worth 150k? I think not. I'm looking at Olx right now and the B13s are mostly 50-80k. It'd have to be darn near showroom condition for me to even consider. 150k can get you a Bigbody Corolla GLi already. Bigger interior space, bulletproof and powerful 1.6 EFI engine, all power amenities...

Fixer upper? I accepted our Japan surplus 1997 Granvia as part of a debt settlement. Owner's broke so I have no choice. I have so far spent over 100k in repairs and upgrades. 😂 Worth it though.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Good car, yes, but worth 150k? I think not. I'm looking at Olx right now and the B13s are mostly 50-80k. It'd have to be darn near showroom condition for me to even consider.
    Actually, it's only 85k... why I said it's 150k earlier is because I factored in (maybe erroneously) repairs/upgrades. Let me PM you the ad.

Fixer upper? I accepted our Japan surplus 1997 Granvia as part of a debt settlement. Owner's broke so I have no choice. I have so far spent over 100k in repairs and upgrades. 😂 Worth it though.
    Maybe you also felt that inexplicable urge to bring something "back to life?" I can describe my car restoration urge like that

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I'm looking at Olx right now and the B13s are mostly 50-80k.
    I can't get my PM across. Your inbox is full daw

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Actually, it's only 85k... why I said it's 150k earlier is because I factored in (maybe erroneously) repairs/upgrades. Let me PM you the ad.

Maybe you also felt that inexplicable urge to bring something "back to life?" I can describe my car restoration urge like that
    Ayan deleted some na haha

Not considering the B14 Super Saloons? I consider power steering, locks and windows as requirements for my daily driver.

Bring back to life? Not really... It was kinda fun though, to see the van regaining some of its former glory. But then again, its already there. And I ain't using a van that's full of squeaks and rattles and about ready to fall apart. Engine is in really good condition, especially in comparison with the rest of the van. That was the main reason why I decided to fix it up. Now its nearing a year since I got it, and I've logged near 10tkms on it already, including trips to Tagaytay, Pampanga and Baguio.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
150k....what 2nd hand car woul you buy?!