New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mga bro. ano kaya ang problema sa subwoofer ko.. madalas ko pinapahinang yung pig tails. kasi let say kahapon gamit ko yon then the next day ayaw na gumana... then when i check on the contiuity wala na which means lose connection diba? could it be sa setting ng ampli?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe it was metal fatigue in the wire due to the vibration from your subwoofer?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Maybe it was metal fatigue in the wire due to the vibration from your subwoofer?
    so it has nothing to do with my amp. setting... whats your suggestion bro.? have it rewinded?!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Iyong pig tail mo kailangan palitan ng bago .Bubuksan iyan at ilalagay iyong bago hindi pwede dugtong lang. Tanong ko lang kung pinalitan ng bago pigtail ng subwoofer mo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Iyong pig tail mo kailangan palitan ng bago .Bubuksan iyan at ilalagay iyong bago hindi pwede dugtong lang. Tanong ko lang kung pinalitan ng bago pigtail ng subwoofer mo.

hindi sir eh.. sige papapalitan ko mamaya sa nakakaalam. thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Just go to a car audio shop and ask for pigtail wire for subwoofers.The silver,bare tinned one or one with isolation around,doesn't matter. Most pigtail wires on subs are the same but they might have a variety in stock so take your sub with you to match it.You will need a soldering iron and some soldering wire to attach these.

Here is a wiring guide for subs:
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wo…

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Just go to a car audio shop and ask for pigtail wire for subwoofers.The silver,bare tinned one or one with isolation around,doesn't matter. Most pigtail wires on subs are the same but they might have a variety in stock so take your sub with you to match it.You will need a soldering iron and some soldering wire to attach these.

Here is a wiring guide for subs:
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wo…

I went to a shop and brought my sub in... sunog daw sir eh.. rewind nalang daw kung ok lang... ano kaya ang cause nun?

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    First of all, you need to make sure your amp can handle the load that it sees. Most subs are 4ohms, but if you wanna get fancy with it, you can drop it to 2 ohms if you have a DVC sub. Im going to assume you have a 4ohm sub, so the next thing i would do is double check your wiring and make sure your gains or input sensitivity are set correctly to reduce noise and distortion. Another issue is the impedance of your subs and the "LOAD" capacity of your amp. This factor will dictate which wiring method did you use...series o parallel and that's probably the reason your Voice coil blew in the first place. Or either your amp probably clipped (ran out of juice). Remember, this is distortion. Clipping is distortion. Clipping produces a square wave, so the voice coil tends to stick in one place and not moving, meaning it doesn't get cool. It gets hot and then bang.....burns out.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    First of all, you need to make sure your amp can handle the load that it sees. Most subs are 4ohms, but if you wanna get fancy with it, you can drop it to 2 ohms if you have a DVC sub. Im going to assume you have a 4ohm sub, so the next thing i would do is double check your wiring and make sure your gains or input sensitivity are set correctly to reduce noise and distortion. Another issue is the impedance of your subs and the "LOAD" capacity of your amp. This factor will dictate which wiring method did you use...series o parallel and that's probably the reason your Voice coil blew in the first place. Or either your amp probably clipped (ran out of juice). Remember, this is distortion. Clipping is distortion. Clipping produces a square wave, so the voice coil tends to stick in one place and not moving, meaning it doesn't get cool. It gets hot and then bang.....burns out.
    Yes sir i have a 4 ohm single sub only... what i did is since its single i wired it to ch 1 and ch 2 of my amp... for distortion issues i did not notice any unusual sound from my sub aside from a slight voice coming thru.. i've been using it for 10 months already and i dont really push it that hard in terms of volume.

is the input sensitivity the one we adjust for the channels?

ill observe if the coil will burn out again... my current set up is a 4 channel single amp, single sub and front separates only i also installed a capacitor

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you are bridging the 2 channel amp for subs make sure both channel are switch to low pass on the amp crossovers. The input sensitivity are "AKA gain". Gains (all amp)are important you must optimized the amp output w/ your H/U volume control set near to the maximum level so you dont have to worry about damaging your speakers and subs or amplifying any distortion in all speakers.

The wire capacitor "power & ground wire" must be same size as your main power wire that came from battery thru amp and the capacitor ground wire were no longer than 20"(rule of thumb).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sub Pigtails