New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want a good sounding and simple car audio setup, you just need the following:

A decent HU
    A pair of good separates (mids with tweeters plus crossovers)
    A small subwoofer (10”) in a sealed enclosure
    A 4-channel amp

You can forget about the rears as a properly-tuned system can make the necessary surround experience. Use MDF plywood for speaker spacers and the subwoofer box. If you can spend a bit more for deadening, go for it.

Budget will be the key factor. You can opt for the affordable models from brands like JBL or Pinoeer. If you want good quality car audio equipment, check out DLS or Focal or Morel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    very well said sirSpeaker Replacement

let me add a good installer if not going the D-I-Y route

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    fortunately,
    hindi tayo pihikan.
    all stock is fine with me.
    just how much high fidelity do you need to listen to ted failon and Deo McCalma?
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    uy 6x9s. those could produce decent base but they are getting rarer and rarer as oem. i can only think of the nissan navara having them now as stock..for the fronts hehe.

when i needed spacers but did not have some. i used folded up cardboard from the box the speaker came in cut as spacers sadnwhiched between the screw hehe. most probably didn't do anything for the sound quality but it prevented the magnet hitting the glass.
    The cardboard could crumble w/ moisture, sir. I needed some thickness & stability...good thing I had scrap sintra.

If you want a good sounding and simple car audio setup, you just need the following:

A decent HU
    A pair of good separates (mids with tweeters plus crossovers)
    A small subwoofer (10”) in a sealed enclosure
    A 4-channel amp

You can forget about the rears as a properly-tuned system can make the necessary surround experience. Use MDF plywood for speaker spacers and the subwoofer box. If you can spend a bit more for deadening, go for it.

Budget will be the key factor. You can opt for the affordable models from brands like JBL or Pinoeer. If you want good quality car audio equipment, check out DLS or Focal or Morel.

+1, bai.Speaker Replacement. Can't afford the pricier brandsSpeaker Replacement...For spacers, I opt for something w/ better water resistance than wood-based boards, esp when done on doors.
    Below was another DIY rehab w/ a bud who handed his old Fort's removed factory sub. This was forced into the 80's stock housing(1st pic shows how bad the speaker was). Definitely not direct fit, but worked nicely. Also replaced a busted relic, vintage USmade Pioneer amp, w/ an affordable newer version. Stock HU has no smartphone connectivity...just settled for a hobo Ugreen USB charger w/ BT-FM transmitter. It's now back to being roadtrip worthy....besides being the old loyal workhorse.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    matanong pala. anong kotse ba ilalagay?
    Hobda city type z lang sir. Sira na kasi yung rear speakers nung nakuha ko. Yung isa kenwood (punit na) yung iaa not sure kung anung brand. Head unit ko po is sony xplod 1din.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i do not think it is so much the speaker's brand, but rather, whether the speaker model matches the sound system's output characteristics, i.e., "are they matched?"
    even the best speaker on the market won't sound well, if its characteristics do not match the sound system's output characteristics.
    I think decent naman siguro sir yung sony xplod head unit. Basag na lang talaga yung speakers. I bought the car second hand. Looking for replacement sana. I also saw a pioneer speaker priced at Php 2500.00. I think that would be a good choice also?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_angas View Post
    I think decent naman siguro sir yung sony xplod head unit. Basag na lang talaga yung speakers. I bought the car second hand. Looking for replacement sana. I also saw a pioneer speaker priced at Php 2500.00. I think that would be a good choice also?

i think most brand new speakers will sound better than your torn old speakers.
    let us make sure the speakers we buy match the output requirements of the head unit.
    my colleague bought a pair of (cheaper daw) local speakers (forgot the name), and was surprised that it sounded so good.

wala na sana adjustments or mounting modifications, when the new speakers are installed.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I am not sure if Targa is still available but it was quite good for its price.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    I am not sure if Targa is still available but it was quite good for its price.

Heard of the brand po. Will check if it is available within my area. Planning to get it installed by the shop instead of doing a destroy it yourself. Haha

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_angas View Post
    Heard of the brand po. Will check if it is available within my area. Planning to get it installed by the shop instead of doing a destroy it yourself. Haha

kun sa shop i-pa test mo na ng pa test while installed sa kotse mo. these speakers brands have certain characteristics na ikaw lang makakapag sabi kun gusto mo o hinde kapag narinig mo na. kun kasya 6x9 na two way sa likod mo sa akin ok yun generally they give a little more bass vs coax na 6.5inches. kaso kita ko sa lazada shopee parang nasa 2k plus na sila.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    kun sa shop i-pa test mo na ng pa test while installed sa kotse mo. these speakers brands have certain characteristics na ikaw lang makakapag sabi kun gusto mo o hinde kapag narinig mo na. kun kasya 6x9 na two way sa likod mo sa akin ok yun generally they give a little more bass vs coax na 6.5inches. kaso kita ko sa lazada shopee parang nasa 2k plus na sila.
    I'll keep that in mind sir. Thanks a lot! Speaker Replacement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast