New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Mga sir, patulong naman po. Ano po kayang magandang brand ng speaker? Around Php 1500-2000 po budget for a pair. May mga nakita ako sa mga shop na Nakamichi, TEAC and Team Lighting Lab, all of them below 2k a pair.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_angas View Post
    Mga sir, patulong naman po. Ano po kayang magandang brand ng speaker? Around Php 1500-2000 po budget for a pair. May mga nakita ako sa mga shop na Nakamichi, TEAC and Team Lighting Lab, all of them below 2k a pair.

i do not think it is so much the speaker's brand, but rather, whether the speaker model matches the sound system's output characteristics, i.e., "are they matched?"
    even the best speaker on the market won't sound well, if its characteristics do not match the sound system's output characteristics.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The best speakers are that you can afford any given time. If budget is not an issue, some of the people I know spend 6 digits on their car audio sound systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_angas View Post

kung gusto mo ng brand recommendation ok sa akin ang ryan audio. may nakita ako sa lazada 6.5 na coaxial 2way 1450pesos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_20200611-202047_lazada.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Get the top 3 to 5 models that's within your budget and check for online reviews.

The sound quality is also affected by the how well it was installed or placed, quality of the head unit and/or outboard amplifier, and other add-ons such sound deadening.

Remember that sound quality is mostly subjective.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    matanong pala. anong kotse ba ilalagay?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Get the top 3 to 5 models that's within your budget and check for online reviews.

The sound quality is also affected by the how well it was installed or placed, quality of the head unit and/or outboard amplifier, and other add-ons such sound deadening.

Remember that sound quality is mostly subjective.
    ^This.
    My recent speaker journey...
    Had to swap old, torn, too far gone stock speakers. Genuine replacement was ruled out. Wanted some improvement.
    Thing w/ online sourcing, one will leave a lot to guesswork....besides speaker diameter & cost.
    Measured stock ones up, shopped & took the risk. The new speaker depth>stock & the mount holes were off those on the door. A bit of surgery, spacer fab were needed. To retain stock screw mating, the stock housings were cut away from the old speakers....to be adapted to the new. Measured the needed spacers to keep the magnet from touching the door's sheetmetal.
    Pics of the door speaker(JBL) mod below. Luckily for the rears, the Pioneers were a direct, no-mod required fit.
    Old speaker housing cut out from old assembly. White spacer was cut off a sintra board I had laying around.crappy stockJBL mountedBad stock rearsNew Pioneer rear

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    ^This.
    My recent speaker journey...
    Had to swap old, torn, too far gone stock speakers. Genuine replacement was ruled out. Wanted some improvement.
    Thing w/ online sourcing, one will leave a lot to guesswork....besides speaker diameter & cost.
    Measured stock ones up, shopped & took the risk. The new speaker depth>stock & the mount holes were off those on the door. A bit of surgery, spacer fab were needed. To retain stock screw mating, the stock housings were cut away from the old speakers....to be adapted to the new. Measured the needed spacers to keep the magnet from touching the door's sheetmetal.
    Pics of the door speaker(JBL) mod below. Luckily for the rears, the Pioneers were a direct, no-mod required fit.
    Old speaker housing cut out from old assembly. White spacer was cut off a sintra board I had laying around.crappy stockJBL mountedBad stock rearsNew Pioneer rear

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    uy 6x9s. those could produce decent base but they are getting rarer and rarer as oem. i can only think of the nissan navara having them now as stock..for the fronts hehe.

when i needed spacers but did not have some. i used folded up cardboard from the box the speaker came in cut as spacers sadnwhiched between the screw hehe. most probably didn't do anything for the sound quality but it prevented the magnet hitting the glass.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you want a good sounding and simple car audio setup, you just need the following:

A decent HU
    A pair of good separates (mids with tweeters plus crossovers)
    A small subwoofer (10”) in a sealed enclosure
    A 4-channel amp

You can forget about the rears as a properly-tuned system can make the necessary surround experience. Use MDF plywood for speaker spacers and the subwoofer box. If you can spend a bit more for deadening, go for it.

Budget will be the key factor. You can opt for the affordable models from brands like JBL or Pinoeer. If you want good quality car audio equipment, check out DLS or Focal or Morel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ito pasok din sa budget mo for speakers.

Infinity coaxials. I prefer these two-way rather than three or four.

Syempre highly subjective ang speaker preference saka ang daming factorsna nakaka affect sa sound.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_20200612-103754_shopee.jpg  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast