New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    We went to raon last week and bought a new Raon Ampli, "alpine daw" pero working naman cya! my car is a Lancer box type named PEGASUS! My sound set up is, ALPINE (daw) 2500w 2channel ampli, running on two 200watts 10" woofer, two 40watts mids, two 50watts tweeter. Naka dual dividing network na sila. Naka recta sa batt ung amps pero may switch at fuse naman. The problem is, kung off ang engine, no problem kahet mag sounds ako magdamag. And i can still start the car the very next day. Kahet nga naka-on ang engine eh, basta hindi moving ang kotse. But kung umandar na eh after ten to fifteen minutes eh mamamatay na ung amps ko. The solution is turning off the ampli switch and turning it on back again after a few minutes, ok na ulet ung amps at boom2x na ulet. After five minutes patay ulet. Alam kong walang problema sa tuner kase patuloy track time nya. What am I going to do? Help me please...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    try checking the voltage of your car DC system. there might be a problem with your DC regulator that while you're revving your engine your amp is recieving more than the rated dc voltage kaya nag cut-off siya. DC supply for the amp should only be 12 to 13.8 volts dc in most instance.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Check the capacity of your amps and the drivers (speakers that it powers). Most probably under-powered yung drivers mo IMO.

I suggest that you check out the KotseAudioClub forum. Most members there can enlighten you on this.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi
    Check the capacity of your amps and the drivers (speakers that it powers). Most probably under-powered yung drivers mo IMO.

I suggest that you check out the KotseAudioClub forum. Most members there can enlighten you on this.

agree. baka mababa yung output limit ng speakers mo.
    nangyari din sa akin to eh. when i upgraded my speakers to a higher output one, nawala yung problem.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    tawag dyan protected mode... amps shut down when either one of two things occur... 1 is too much heat, the other one is not enough power going into the amp.

btw, tama ba yung nabasa ko, your using a 2-ch V12 amp and your powering 2 subs and a set of 2-ch seps?

you should have bought a 4-ch amp and use chs 1 and 2 for the seps while bridging chs 3 and 4 to power the subs

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thanks... budget mode nga lang kme at tsaka newbie installers pa lang kame ng sound
    system DIY lang po...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May feeling ako na overload yung amp. Baka naka 2ohm mono yung sa sub...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    May feeling ako na overload yung amp. Baka naka 2ohm mono yung sa sub...
    4ohms po yung sa sub eh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did you hook up TWO 4ohm subs to a bridged channel?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    two subs speaker in 1 channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PLS Help,with my new raon alpine ampli