New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Guys, I noticed that all the new vehicles that I saw in the Manila Motor Show have BUILT-IN HEAD UNITS. Pati yung 06 GV ko built-in na rin. Bakit ganon? Is it more economical for the manufacturers? Di ba mas mahirap or impossible na palitan yung head uni? Does anyone in the Philippines do modifications?

Sana nandito si Mad Mike (MTV's Pimp My Ride ).

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bakit nga kaya?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I noticed that too. I kept thinking, okay, if i wanted to remove that headunit..where do I start? hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    seems like you're gonna have to replace the dashboard or have it cut by a very skilled craftsman.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    have the same problem with my car. built-in na yung head unit. in a recent car show, I noticed that, in order to circumvent this "problem", they just added another HU underneath.

also, there might be dashboards available soon for those vehicles. after-market support...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The easiest and most economical solution is to add a second headunit.

On my cousin's Mazda3, there was enough space in the glove, but he didn't want to cut any panels, so they just mounted it under the dash.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Guys, I noticed that all the new vehicles that I saw in the Manila Motor Show have BUILT-IN HEAD UNITS. Pati yung 06 GV ko built-in na rin. Bakit ganon? Is it more economical for the manufacturers? Di ba mas mahirap or impossible na palitan yung head uni? Does anyone in the Philippines do modifications?

Sana nandito si Mad Mike (MTV's Pimp My Ride ).
    Well, in the olden days and abroad, manufacturers subcontracted their own HUs, but the good thing is, these were often in DIN or 2DIN sizes and were easily replaced by aftermarket offerings.

Here in the philippines, i guess they just get bulk discounts from pioneer, alpine, kendwood clarion etc.

I kinda miss the modular radios in today's cars, but you have to admit, the modern radios do look spunky. Medyo bitin lang talaga sa functionality as i have yet to see one with satisfactory dsp'ing.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ganito din Problem ko sa Ranger ko. Hnd ko mapalitan yung HU.

Maganda naman yung tunog ng HU ko. Pero gus2 ko lagyan ng DVD. sabi sa akin ng Friend ko, pwd daw kina Atoy.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    same dilemma sa Santa Fe, pano ko ba pa lalagyan to ng ipod/2.5mm connector?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Actually nung nagmove ako dito sa US I saw cars that have these built in HU's as part of their options list. Thing is dyan pala pinapalitan due to massive discounts like Pajerokid mentioned. Ngayon ko na appreciate yung built in units dahil yung mga pinapalitan, you don't have much choice when it comes to design, aesthetics, functionality, etc. kaya mabuti nang may built in unit then just add your own (or keep it stock).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New vehicles' head units