New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what do you mean by 'built in' HU? ito ba ay HU's that look like they are seamlessly part of the dashboard (like they don't look like they can be pulled out)? if so, looks can be deceiving.

many of those HU's can actually be removed and replaced if you disassemble the dash (usually you take out a bunch of hidden clips and screws), and replace the HU as you normally would (you may need to buy an install kit).

some of the euro cars look like the HU is part of the dashboard, but it's actually fairly easy for a professional to replace it with a custom ICE unit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think they are called integrated HU

same with my Jimny 06

I remove the 2DIN Hu and replace it with a HU from a honda City (For sizing lang.) after that expose pa din yung loob even dalawahin ko ang HU. Kailangan talaga ng special fiberglass cover.

Its crazy hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    for some cars pwede ata bumili ng kit to replace the HU with aftermarket units, civic ata pwede

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    There are some kits you can get that would match your car if you like to install an aftermarket HU. I used to get my HU through Crutchfield.com as they include everything you need to install it to your car. Too bad they don't ship international.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New vehicles' head units