New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemica View Post
    so pano ang ginawa niya bro? feeing ko ganon din yung sakin kasi sometimes radio ang nadidinig ko when i try to fix the t.v. thanks..
    i experienced that also. but with the settings that i played with, okay na. see you friday, lets play around with your a/v settings.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so far wala pa kong solution. yun nga, naging monitor na lang talaga sya. sayang. pero may mga nakita ako sa gh na mga tv signal recievers. try kong itest dun.
    coiter,

why not buy the TV tuner na pang monitor from CDR-King... it is quite cheap P2380?

CDR-King TV Box

So yung LCD TV has built-in speakers (where you hear the static)? Anyway, looks like V6 is spot on. That's why it's important to have a multi-system a/v gear. Kung hindi auto-switching ng signal, at least meron dapat manual switch to toggle between NTSC and PAL.
    Last edited by paolorenzo; June 27th, 2008 at 07:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    This is what you guys needs.

Weight3.30 lbs
    Stock #SB-3690 Availability:in stock MSRP price:$249.00Discounted price:$159.00
    Warranty None 2 YEAR WARRANTY $20.00 3 YEAR WARRANTY $30.00 4 YEAR WARRANTY $40.00
    ATLONA MULTI-SYSTEM PAL/NTSC DIGITAL VIDEO CONVERTER
    Model: SB-3690
    Atlona SB-3690 is a Pal to NTSC and or NTSC to Pal Digital converter.
    Applications used for:

Atlona SB-3690 Digital Video Converter delivers high-quality converted pictures, exceptional super-stable synchronism and superior color separation. It is ideal for tape conversion, DVD players, digital camcorders, video editing & capture, multi-system VCR and multimedia applications.
    1. Tape conversion: You can exchange tapes with friends or relatives living abroad, or for business and education. PAL or NTSC (depends on the country you are in) VCR is required to do this. ( Note: if you have a Pal or NTSC tape then you have to have a VCR that is able to play that tape as well as a converter, you will not be able to play Pal tape in the NTSC VCR and so as you will not be able to play NTSC tape in a Pal VCR ). Make sure that you get an appropriate VCR when purchasing a converter.
    2. TVs: Take your NTSC American TV overseas or bring your PAL or SECAM TV to the USA . Using the high quality conversion quality of the Atlona SB-3690 to convert TV signals you can use any PAL or NTSC TV to view any type of broadcast signal in the world. Eliminating the need to buy a new multi-system TV set. Since this converter has a digital video processing, you will have a very low signal degradation, almost impossible to see the difference.
    3. International travel and relocation: You can use your video equipment with Atlona SB-3690 while traveling or relocating to a country using a different TV system. Can be used for many business purposes such as: Airline, Ship and Train.
    4. Camcorders: Use your PAL camcorder in the USA or your NTSC camcorder overseas on a PAL TV. You can also convert movies from your camcorder. For example: Make a NTSC tape from a PAL camcorder using the SB-3690 to convert the signal.
    5. Computer: Use SB-3960 to connect your computer to standard TV or Projector, for gaming or presentation purposes. Also you would be able to view any of your home video equipment on computer monitor.
    Why our converter is more expensive then $30 analog converters?
    Analog converters can only work with only one Pal or NTSC standard and there is over 14 Pal formats and 2 NTSC formats. Also, analog converter will require a TV to have a vertical hold function, where most TV's no longer have it. Analog converters in most of the cases will not convert Frequency 50/60Hz and therefore will not work with many TV's.

Atlona SB-3690 is a digital converter, which means that it will handle any Pal or Secam or NTSC formats, convert frequency, real time conversion, no signal delay, will not require TV to have a vertical hold or any other special features. SB-3690 is guaranteed to work for all TV's and with all types of equipment. Excellent features list:
    • No video delay. Real Time video Conversion.
    • Use your PAL/SECAM equipment in a NTSC country and NTSC equipment in a PAL country
    • Very easy to use, one time set-up no addition action needed.
    • Uses a standard AV or S-Video or VGA connection to convert any input signal to any specified output source.
    • Recording in permitted from any of the outputs. You can take advantage of making copies out of devices which are plugged in. Most of the DVD movies and VHS tapes.
    • Crisp and clear converted video. Latest video correction technology. You will even get better results on your video by using the SB-3690
    • Stand-alone and stylish compact design, light and portable for traveling. Dimensions: 9.3"(W) x 5"(D) x 1.8"(H)
    • System condition memory. Converter remembers settings and returns to same input and output settings when turned back on
    • TV Screen Controls: Zoom, under scan, Up, Down, Left or Right options to adjust video from computer to the TV display.
    • LED Lamp shows current input and output video signal
    • Detects input manually between: All Pal, All SECAM, All NTSC systems
    • Universal power adapter, which will work in any country in the world
    • Built-in Color Bar ( for the best image reproduction )
    • 2mb field memory. ( Please don't think that 12mb or 15mb converters will give you better image, as we tested our competitors converters and there is only 2mb used. Chip-set which is used on those converters is not able to support more memory anyway. It is just a marketing strategy )
    Audio: Audio signal needs to be send on the separate audio cables to the display or recording source. There would be no audio delay.

Specifications:
    • Input Signal: NTSC 3.58/4.43, PAL, PAL-N, Secam
    • Output Signal: NTSC 3.58/4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N
    • Sampling Frequency: Y: 13.5 MHz; R-Y: 6.75 MHz; B-Y: 6.75 MHz
    • Video Input: 1 V-pp, 75 Ohm
    • VGA Input resolution: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768
    • VGA Output resolution: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768
    • Digital Code Bit: R G B: 8bits
    • Line: 525 = 625
    • Field: 60 = 50
    • Memory: 2 mb ( please see explanation above in blue )
    • DC: 5V 1.5A
    • Dimensions: (7.75" in.) W x (1.68" in.) H x (4.48" in.) D
    • Shipping Weight: 4 Lbs
    Package contents:
    • Atlona SB-3690 Digital Pal/NTSC converter
    • Universal Power Supply 110/240V ( world power cables are available for sale )
    • 6ft (2m) Composite Video Cable
    • 6ft ( 2m ) S-Video Cable
    • 6ft VGA Cable
    • Instructions

Medyo hassle pa ito. The converter is $160 (~P7,200), plus shipping, plus inverter (12VDC - 110/220VAC), easily mga P10k na ang gastos.

Benta na lang yung LCD as monitor, plus yung existing headunit, and puwede na mag-purchase nung mga 2-din China-brand do-it-all headunits. Meron na built in DVD player, a wide array of A/V formats, USB, TV tuner, touch screen, iPod interface, etc. Mga P16k lang ito ngayon. Baka may sukli pa for speaker upgrade.

Just my 2¢.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hehe... solved mine by looking for this in my HU:

I selected USA1 and VOILA! I now have audio in my unit. Hehe... it's not as good as my previous though kasi yung old one ko kahit naandar malinaw parin audio eh, ngayon pag umandar ako medyo intermittent siya. Pero so far so good. Eto siguro yung frequency range na sinasabi ni V6 sa previous posts.

As per russpogi's suggestion naman, yup some TV Tuners (especially NECVOX ones) tap the signal to the FM through signal modulator. It works well but using this method does not affect audio IMO. BUT, it definitely affects AM reception.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hehe... solved mine by looking for this in my HU:

I selected USA1 and VOILA! I now have audio in my unit. Hehe... it's not as good as my previous though kasi yung old one ko kahit naandar malinaw parin audio eh, ngayon pag umandar ako medyo intermittent siya. Pero so far so good. Eto siguro yung frequency range na sinasabi ni V6 sa previous posts.

As per russpogi's suggestion naman, yup some TV Tuners (especially NECVOX ones) tap the signal to the FM through signal modulator. It works well but using this method does not affect audio IMO. BUT, it definitely affects AM reception.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    batang raon san mo nabili hu mo? pareho ata tayo ng unit eh. ok ba yung t.v. tuner mo? yung sa akin kasi hindi ko mapagana... badtrip nga eh..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I bought mine in Hong Kong when I went there for a conference. Ok naman siya. Yung worst na nabili ko eh yung galing sa eBay. Sira yung backup camera signal tapos sub-standard pa yung quality ng mga pre-outs.

Pano bang ayaw gumana? Ayaw gumana in a sense na blue lang ang screen or something else? Kasi kung wala talagang reception (as in blue lang talaga kahit saan mo pa dalhin yung sasakyan para sumagap ng signal), there's a possibility na either sira yung antenna mo or yung modulator mo (ung type na sa FM antenna nirerekta para magkasignal) or yung saksakan ng antenna sa HU mo (which more or less is either an RCA female plug or a baby plug). Kung meron namang nalabas na video gaya ng case namin ng TS, pwede mong i-try yung kinalikot ko ring option sa HU. Kung meron kang ganun maybe it can do the trick. HTH

MODS: Sorry uli double post yung last one. Nakakabanas na 'tong Smart Bro...
    Last edited by batang_raon14; June 29th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nung una may nalabas na picture pero walang sound. after a while tinigilan ko na lang din. nung nakalikot ko siya nung isang araw may nalabas naman kaso talagang hindi siya natunog. ano ba gamit mo na system? NTSC MN? meron nga yang audio button pag nandon ka sa tv kaso pag pinipindot ko wala naman nangyayari.. hassle nga, baka sira talaga..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
LCD TV cannot receive sound