New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    How can I speed up the repair/replacement of my MBQuart tweeter? Can anyone help?

I bought an MBQuart Premium PCE216 last month. I auditioned many separate speakers and found this to be the best for my ears (playing live band music). I bought it despite being discouraged by many audio shops that MBQuart quality has deteriorated already. Made in China na daw and sirain. Well, putting my listening pleasure as priority (or maybe just being plain hardheaded ), I bought one anyway. I enjoyed it for 1 week ... then lo and behold ... nasira yung isang tweeter. The dealer checked it and said defective daw, since no other components were affected. They also checked my amp setting and was ruled out as the culprit. Anyway, its been for "replacement/repair" for 3 weeks already, as of last week. I finally said that it doesn't get fixed by last Tuesday, I want a refund. The distributor asked until Friday daw and they will have a new replacement. I patiently waited. Come Friday, they send an old temporary replacement and said Tuesday na lang daw yung final. There is nothing worst than poor aftersales service to complement lousy product quality.

Baka anyone can give a suggestion on how to move forward from here.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    options are...wait for the replacement, or get a new set of tweets.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    di ba dati may rumor na ang dami japeyk ng MBQUART?
    mag kano na nga pala ang kuha mo ngayon? ,

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is the first i've heard that MBQuart has deteriorated. i've been a loyalist of theirs for years, despite the common complaint that they are too "bright".

but then again i haven't bought new seps for 4 years...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganun talaga.kasi karamihan naman dito ay mga dealers lang talaga and retailers.

i had my old school quartz for 7 years before one tweeter was damaged because of too much bayo without the passive xovers.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi Easydeal, one of my customers experienced the same situation, same brand/same problem. The price he bought it was ofcourse alot cheaper than what we offered him, it couldnt have been an original unless it was a used item. There are many fakes out there and it just ruins the market for original goods. The only way to tell is really by trial and error. Based on what you have stated, distributor should have replaced with a new set instead of repairing if it were only a week old.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    this is the first i've heard that MBQuart has deteriorated. i've been a loyalist of theirs for years, despite the common complaint that they are too "bright".

but then again i haven't bought new seps for 4 years...
    i've been hearing negative feedbacks too...could it be because Rockford bought MB Quart? i remember when the only choices for high-end car speakers were MB Quart and ADS (i chose the latter, pero palpak na rin sila ngayon). i had a chance to listen to the MB Quart Q series vs. the diamond audio hex series, and IMO, the hex series are so much better. so, i'm not sure if MB quart has deteriorated, maybe it just stood still and other companies have surpassed it. next, a comparo between the hex series and focal...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747
    di ba dati may rumor na ang dami japeyk ng MBQUART?
    mag kano na nga pala ang kuha mo ngayon? ,
    I bought it for P8,200 at Daytona, Makati. Ok naman sila, mediating between irate client and slow distributor. LA Cars quoted me the same price. Both claimed it was Made in Germany.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    i've been hearing negative feedbacks too...could it be because Rockford bought MB Quart? i remember when the only choices for high-end car speakers were MB Quart and ADS (i chose the latter, pero palpak na rin sila ngayon). i had a chance to listen to the MB Quart Q series vs. the diamond audio hex series, and IMO, the hex series are so much better. so, i'm not sure if MB quart has deteriorated, maybe it just stood still and other companies have surpassed it. next, a comparo between the hex series and focal...
    Bro, MBQuart still sounds great! Problem is that they don't last anymore. In my case, 1 week lang.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcars
    Hi Easydeal, one of my customers experienced the same situation, same brand/same problem. The price he bought it was ofcourse alot cheaper than what we offered him, it couldnt have been an original unless it was a used item. There are many fakes out there and it just ruins the market for original goods. The only way to tell is really by trial and error. Based on what you have stated, distributor should have replaced with a new set instead of repairing if it were only a week old.
    LAcars, thanks for the info. I actually passed by your shop when I was canvassing and you guys quoted me the same price as the store I bought it from (P8,200). If this defective problem had not happened, I would have already gotten my 2nd pair of MBQ (for the rear) from you (para promoted na ko from window shopper to actual customer)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! Lousy MBQuart Product & Service