New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Kung ayaw mong magkatungkab yung dashboard mo, iblack list mo na ang candyshop. Namomoblema ako ngayon kung saan ko pwede ipaayos yung mga tungkab around my stereo panel.

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Any suggestions on what amp and loc should i get to match this

Seps - Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System
    Sub - Pioneer TS-WX110A (the sub has a built in amp)

Loc - AudioControl - LC6i 6channel or LC2i - Audiocontrol 2-channel
    Amp - ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rustynail925 View Post
    Any suggestions on what amp and loc should i get to match this

Seps - Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System
    Sub - Pioneer TS-WX110A (the sub has a built in amp)

Loc - AudioControl - LC6i 6channel or LC2i - Audiocontrol 2-channel
    Amp - ?
    How much are you paying for the Pioneer subwoofer? If it's anything above 4,000php, you're paying a lot of money and I wouldn't recommend it on a bang-per-performance basis.

Rather than buy a LOC or line out converter, just try to pick an amplifier that readily accepts high-level or speaker-level connections. It's harder to find compared to RCA-ready amplifiers but at least you save a few bucks down the road.

An example would be Rockford's newer Punch BRT amplifiers ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-PBR300X4-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B004T163SY]Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT 300-Watt Ultra Compact 4-Channel Amplifier: Car Electronics[/ame]). They're extremely small thanks to Class D topologies so you're looking at a the size of a single DVD case. Problem is, Rockfords are expensive here in the Philippines thanks to prohibitive shipping and tax laws. This is also why US-based JL Audio is expensive here. You're generally looking at the Amazon US price if you click that link. However, the prices go for sub Php14,000 in the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    wow thats a big difference in price..

i havent bought it yet.. 7,000 is the price they gave me for the Pioneer TS-WX110A.
    What i like about it is that its thin enough to fit under the front seat.
    i thought LOC is need if you are retaining the stock head unit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    wow thats a big difference in price..

i havent bought it yet.. 7,000 is the price they gave me for the Pioneer TS-WX110A.
    What i like about it is that its thin enough to fit under the front seat.
    i thought LOC is need if you are retaining the stock head unit.
    You're paying too much for space-savings. The rule of building subwoofers is simply easy.. you get three choices: (1) bass extension (2) efficiency (3) space-saving. And you can only get two of those. The more knowledgable ones would feel that it's a waste of cash. If you're going to get a compact underseat sub, you're better off simply running the midbass without a high-pass filter.

I understand that you need space but a 1 cubic feet box isn't huge at all -- it fits quite nicely sa front passenger seat mo while still having sufficient legroom. For 7k, you can easily buy off a 3k subwoofer driver and spend the rest (and have change) for the box. Of course if you're consulting somebody who has stocks of the Pioneer, they'll happily push you for the purchase. A sale's a sale.

A line out converter isn't magic. What it does is convert speaker level output/line-level output/high-level output into low-level signals (RCAs). Why is the signal called high? It's because speaker level connections carry voltage and current. RCAs or low-level signals on the otherhand simply carry voltage which you then send to your amplifier. The amplifier then amplifies the voltage in its pre-amplifier stage (hence the gain knob), adds current in the power-amplifier stage.. and voila... you are now sending speaker-level connections again to your speaker.

An amplifier that accepts speaker-level inputs simply means you're "skipping" a step. They're harder to find as most amplifiers accept only RCAs though.

At the very least, leave the subwoofer out of the equation and throw it in once your system is "finished" and you feel it's inadequate. Getting bass inside a car isn't hard at all.

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    thank you very much sir..
    ive tried inquiring about the rockford fosgate sa bombay na supplier kaso wala sila.
    do you know a much cheaper amp that accepts speaker level connection?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thank you very much sir..
    ive tried inquiring about the rockford fosgate sa bombay na supplier kaso wala sila.
    do you know a much cheaper amp that accepts speaker level connection?
    Sadly, I'm not that attuned with the market na. So price list and current goods is out of my expertise All I can do is wish you luck nalang!

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    thanks sir

9. Join Date
    May 2013
    Forgot to ask this.. Ok ba ang Boschmann speakers and amp?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Forgot to ask this.. Ok ba ang Boschmann speakers and amp?
    Never heard of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12