New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Wow this thread came alive eh????

The main reason why I wanted to have an under-the-seat sub is because I don't want my boot to be filled just by that... It also goes without saying that I want my interiors to look as stock as possible...

The speakers of a Mercedes W124 260E can be found on the dash and on the rear tray. Both areas can only fit a 4" speaker... Are there stores in the Philippines that carry 4" full range speakers to begin with???

I have a Nakamichi head unit by the way...
    Doc Gary, ano na nangyari dito? Kailangan ko rin yata mag upgrade ng ICE ko .. hehe :D

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir may plano sana ako... balak ko bumili ng suzuki jimny then sound setup... ang gusto ko pong sound is long throw yung nasa malayo ka pa lang rinig ka na yung bass... ang problem maliit ang space ng jimny sa likod ayaw ko po isacrifice yung rear seats eto po yug picture ng space nya sa likod...

kaya kaya ng ganyang maliit na space ang gusto kong gapang bass? salamat sir budget around 30k-50k

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Seems good enough for a 15 incher.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    makitid lang yan sir eh.. pano lalagyan ng box yan? saktong sakto yung kapal ng 15" (kung kakasya) jan sa likod?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    My unit is a fort and would be going for jon's recommendations of good seps sa front and coax sa rear with 1 amp set-up. Problem is my JVC headunit has only 3 band equalizer. Model is JVC KW AVX840. Can this still be tuned to be an SQ like output just like jon's recommendations?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by rangeles View Post
    My unit is a fort and would be going for jon's recommendations of good seps sa front and coax sa rear with 1 amp set-up. Problem is my JVC headunit has only 3 band equalizer. Model is JVC KW AVX840. Can this still be tuned to be an SQ like output just like jon's recommendations?
    Thanks in advance!
    It's a good head unit sir, JVC KW AVX840 has a 3pair of rca output(front, rear and sub) 4 volts each, 3band parametric iEQ, and 192khz/24bit DAC, nasa speaker and amplifier na lang na gagamitin nyo nakadepende ang sound quality na hinahanap nyo followed by good installation and tuning..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *paulo

Suzuki Jimmy pala. Nope, super sikip yan. 15 inchers are impossible but a ported 12 incher that's in a small-moderate box would suffice. Stuff it with polyfill inside to compensate nalang.

*rangeles
    Most people's baseline for SQ is often what they hear around their ears. If you're like 96% of the total population, that head unit suffices. For me, makukulangan ako sa 3-band parametric EQ unless your install is in optimal positions wherein usage of EQ isn't necessarily needed.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    It's a good head unit sir, JVC KW AVX840 has a 3pair of rca output(front, rear and sub) 4 volts each, 3band parametric iEQ, and 192khz/24bit DAC, nasa speaker and amplifier na lang na gagamitin nyo nakadepende ang sound quality na hinahanap nyo followed by good installation and tuning..
    Sir tsikotshop!

Thanks for the response!
    I'm not an audiophile so I cannot distinguish what is being perceived by the 4% of the population being stated by sir jhnkvn. I just want clarity and definition with a little oomph when the music calls for it. I want to play concerts or MTVs on a moderate volume since playing loud music poses risks to me and other road users.
    Some follow-up questions:
    1. Do I still need an amp since my HU has 3 RCA outputs for front, rear and sub?
    2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of not putting an amp on my HU?
    3. My budget restricts me to 20k considering I still need to place 2 headrest monitors and a backing camera. Any proposal on a set of branded speakers considering my budget? Will FA, JBL or Morel fit my budget?

Thanks in advance!

These three RCA pre outs are only low level outputs of your head unit sir, meaning you have to provide an amplifier to drive your speakers. These pre outs is the cleanest output of the head unit. Some units have multiple outputs and sometimes ones that are crossed over. One is sufficient but having two allow you fade, or adjust the levels of multiple amplifiers right from the head unit. Some head units now offer 4 volt outputs (like your head unit) instead of the usual 1-2 volts. This can be very beneficial since cars have a lot of electrical noise in them. The 4 volt output is less susceptible to noise, however, you must be certain that the amplifier or crossover being connected to the output can handle 4 volts or you will not be able to use the extra voltage.
    Another thing is, your head unit would be used to provide a signal to your amplifiers that is line level and you would not use its internal amplifiers (if any). They usually do not have the power and strength to drive speakers both loudly and cleanly. The line level signal is cleaner than the speaker level outputs on the head unit because it is does not go through the internal amplifiers in the head unit. That being said there are occasions where you would use the head unit's internal power. One situation is when you are on a budget and are building your system over time. The head unit can be used to drive speakers (but not subwoofers) until you can get an amp. The other situation is when you are building a system where the benefits of an amp are not important to you.
    No head unit typically has more than about 60watts of total output power because more would require a real DC-DC power supply (which does not fit in a head unit easily). Using the head unit power can be a temporary solution until a separate amplifier can be purchased, just make sure you do not try to power any subwoofers or insensitive component sets with the head unit's built in power. According to Car Audio and Electronics magazine, most head units use the same chips for the internal amplifiers so they all produce about the same low power. The best they have measured is about 14watts into 4 channels at 1% distortion. Their power level at a better lower distortion figure (like 0.1%) is significantly lower.
    For your budget, look for audio packages provided by sir Jedi here Deal Of The Week, or call him directly, Tsikot.com Shop Hotline: 0905-3338777 / 0922-8335588 / 3481728.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Good Bass without compromising space: Is it possible??