New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    10 in subs have very small sealed box requirements. you might want to look into those. Saw a slim sub installed in the front passengers footwell. You can step on it, no problem. Talk about bass upfront as well.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    I wonder if the in-house gurus can help.

I would like to add a tad more ooommpphh to my sound system but I get truly turned off by the size of the speaker boxes used for the subs.

I have an Opel Astra G Caravan and I use the boot the way it's designed to be, which is to haul things around.

Now how can I have my cake and eat it too???? That is, how can I have my long sought for ooommpphh bass without compromising space???

Oh by the way, all I'm after is clarity, not the brain-hemorrhage inducing bass of rappers...
    Where are you located and how much are you willing to spend? A good installer can help you get good bass with small space. A 8 or 10 inch sub in a sealed box will take up very little space. I have seen custom made boxes that used up almost no space. It was made of fiberglass and installed on the siding of the car. The installer put the amps across on the other side. It looked OEM. Car was a BMW SUV. I used to have a 10 inch sub in a sealed box under the dash of my van. My point is if you go to a good installer, you can get what you want.

For installers, I highly recommend Quest Audio in Sct Boromeo. Marky is an artist. Another good installer in Banawe is Candyshop. I have used both and they both do great work.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Well...

There's a strange twist of fate... My Astra G "drowned" during a freak rainstorm right after the Pacquiao fight. He's gone now and my present ride is a 1986 W124 260E...

I live in the Paranaque area so I guess your suggestion's a no go... Waaaay too far for me... The powered subs look like the way to go...

Is Focal Access available in the Philippines???

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Yes they are.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest you try this kind of setup sir. As i mentioned before a good seps and coax, kaya na palabasin yung bass.

option A: Morel Seps, Morel Coax, wiring kit, 4x80 amp

option B: DLS seps, DLS coax, wiring kit, 4x80 amp

try that kind of setup sir and magdagdag ka na lang ng sub kung mabibitin ka.

Tsikotshop installed this to numerous Montero and other suvs, nagulat din sila na napalabas ni JON (tsikotshop) yung BASS.

most of them are planning to get amplified sub under the seat or an amplified 8" or 10" boombox, pero nung narinig na nila yung tunog nagulat sila sa kinalabasan. and they all end up not needing an amplified sub anymore.

pero kung makukulangan pa sa bass... madali na magupgrade.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Very true. If it's your first time auditioning a SQ competition car (especially those who participates in Philippine EMMA), most would question whether you have a subwoofer at all! I would recommend you get a good set of midbass, treat the door properly, and call it a day.

Once you've heard exceptionally good midbass, you'll focus more on them rather than subwoofers. I've heard a Peerless SLS cut-off'ed at a very low 37hz, makes you even question the guy on why they even have a subwoofer at the back I use a 63hz cutoff and I'm pretty content with it.

Remember that the human ear's perception of bass is around 200hz and below. With 200hz being what we most perceive as "bassy" and 100hz as the "boom in the bass". If you've heard Far East Movement's Girls on the Dancefloor, the first bass notes you'll hear is 50hz and 100hz. If I can treat my door completely and manage to cut if off at 45hz (according to the spec sheet), then I wouldn't need a subwoofer at all do I?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I asked Jon (tsikotshop) sa recommendations nya.

here is the list. para may idea po kayo

Option A:

SEPS – Maximo 6.2 5,700.00

Coax – Maximo 6 3,700.00

Option B:
    DLS Reference Components com07-06-R6A P10,700
    DLS classi fullrange FR07-06-426 P7,250

Option C:

MOREL

SEPS- Tempo 6.2 8,700.00
    Coax – Tempo coax 6 5,800.00

Recommended amplifiers

Lightning Lab 4ch x100 watts : P5,500

Rockford Punch amplifier
    RF AMP07.4CH-P400.4 : P19,000

Rockford power series amplifier
    RF AMP07.4CH-P600.4 : P28,800

For wiring Kits depende po, price range between 1.5k to 6k depende po sa wires na gagamitin, we have entry level to high end wires.

and para mas sulit po ang tunog, mas recommended na din na mag sound deadening on 4 doors

P550 per sheet/door , pinakamababa na po ito sa market with installation

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Place the sub near the driver if you want to feel the bass.

On the ambulance I placed the sub behind the driver's seat (Titan bazooka type)

Again, I'm not out to win any SPL awards. I just want to feel the beats.
    subwoofer sa Ambulance Nice! Iba ka talaga Doc! :D

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    I suggest you try this kind of setup sir. As i mentioned before a good seps and coax, kaya na palabasin yung bass.

option A: Morel Seps, Morel Coax, wiring kit, 4x80 amp

option B: DLS seps, DLS coax, wiring kit, 4x80 amp

try that kind of setup sir and magdagdag ka na lang ng sub kung mabibitin ka.

Tsikotshop installed this to numerous Montero and other suvs, nagulat din sila na napalabas ni JON (tsikotshop) yung BASS.

most of them are planning to get amplified sub under the seat or an amplified 8" or 10" boombox, pero nung narinig na nila yung tunog nagulat sila sa kinalabasan. and they all end up not needing an amplified sub anymore.

pero kung makukulangan pa sa bass... madali na magupgrade.
    After reading this thread I realize that I'm outdated pala. First time I heard DLS and Morel. Is this entry level or High end? Thanks

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    After reading this thread I realize that I'm outdated pala. First time I heard DLS and Morel. Is this entry level or High end? Thanks
    hahahaha! pareho tayo, im still using infinity basslink for my subs and mbquart for seps, mids and tweeters

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Good Bass without compromising space: Is it possible??