New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    To all ICE gurus/aficionados, I'm planning to have my car setup with the following pioneer products during my setup's fist phase:

HU: AVH-P5750DVD
    MCP: DEQ-P7650
    Seps (F/R): TS-C130R/TS-C1353/TS-C160R/TS-C1653
    Center Speaker: TS-CX7
    Subwoofer: TS-WX22A/TS-WX11A/TS-WX105A/TS-WX20LPA/TS-WX206A

If you notice I didn't include amps for the seps and I'm using active subs. Am I correct to think that the MCP output ought to be able to drive the Seps without the need for the amps and still achieve satisfactory SQ with this setup.

And with regards to my seps' sizes since I'm just guesstimating the size I could fit on my Getz 'coz I forgot to check them out when I had my CLDS installed. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me whether the 16cms would be ok to install.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Nice setup. Since you seem to be putting up a car theatre system, the amp will help deliver fine details in your DVDs.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by easydeal
    Nice setup. Since you seem to be putting up a car theatre system, the amp will help deliver fine details in your DVDs.
    Can I just add the oomph factor in Phase 2 if ever? (where I intend to include the AV Selector and Disc Changer and maybe, just maybe additional displays, or maybe I'll just wait for Phase 3 for the displays )

If you really want clarity you should consider getting amps... I doubt HU/MCP would provide enough juice that your seps really need to produce crisp sounds. Its not so much the "Loudness" factor but the clarity factor, you want SQ, better feed your seps with enough power to satisfy it, if its power requirement is met, you'll get the most out of it. Match your components accordingly.

Also try looking at different brands, for HUs Pioneer is great, but for speakers there are better options in the market.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    If you really want clarity you should consider getting amps... I doubt HU/MCP would provide enough juice that your seps really need to produce crisp sounds. Its not so much the "Loudness" factor but the clarity factor, you want SQ, better feed your seps with enough power to satisfy it, if its power requirement is met, you'll get the most out of it. Match your components accordingly.
    OIC. Q ulit then: My choice of seps, say the TS-C160R has a nominal input of 60W, for the TS-C130R 40W, and the TS-C1353/TS-C1653 both have 50W. And my MCP's continous power output is 22W. Hmm...WTH... I overlooked this one...drats. Ok, so I guess I do have to include the amps in the long run. Maybe in Phase 2 for now. My pockets aren't deep. tee-heee. Thanks for the head's up ILD. Di lang pang detailing, pang ICEing pa.
    Also try looking at different brands, for HUs Pioneer is great, but for speakers there are better options in the market.
    Regarding this matter I was actually hoping to get a "purist" system, if I may call it that, i.e. same brand for everything (Not that they're sponsoring it anyway.hehehe). Instead of a combo. But I'll see if I can still find the time to research again for other products. Maybe I could do with a diiferent brand for seps/subs, come to think of it since I don't have to worry about IP buses for the speaker anyway. Any suggestions? How bout another brand who's got a center speaker too?
    If ever, I guess I'll just have to live with them till I get to install the Pioneer GM-6100F amp.
    TY.

mga basics lang alam ko, I leave the technical and other advanced stuff to the pros.

what you can do is, get the same brands for speakers, and a different brand for your amps.

For speakers
    DLS, Crystal, MB Quart, JBL, JL, Boston Acoustics there are more brands in the market... but these brands are available locally.

Amps
    Alpine, JBL, JL, DLS, Boston Acoustics, and more...

One thing tho you have to set a budget and start there, and also set a goal on what to want to achive. Its very easy and get carried away and spend too much on something you don't really need. You can start with an HU, good pair of seperates and a 4-channel amp. Ditch the rear speakers for now, that should be last on your priority list. Next on your list should be a 10" sub. in a sealed box since space is limited.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    what you can do is, get the same brands for speakers, and a different brand for your amps.
    di ka talaga bilib sa Pioneer no? :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by ILD
    For speakers
    DLS, Crystal, MB Quart, JBL, JL, Boston Acoustics there are more brands in the market... but these brands are available locally.
    all the more better
    Amps
    Alpine, JBL, JL, DLS, Boston Acoustics, and more...
    will look around then...in the net.

One thing tho you have to set a budget and start there, and also set a goal on what to want to achive. Its very easy and get carried away and spend too much on something you don't really need. You can start with an HU, good pair of seperates and a 4-channel amp. Ditch the rear speakers for now, that should be last on your priority list. Next on your list should be a 10" sub. in a sealed box since space is limited.
    I've got my "abridged" (due to file size limitations) version of my project's game plan in my blogs. I could email you the full version if you'd like to review it for me. :-D

di ka talaga bilib sa Pioneer no? :-D
    di naman sa di bilib, don't get me wrong, they produce good audio stuff. Ingat lang may mga fake sa market. But like other brands better when it comes to component speakers, just my personal preference. Their subs are good also.

I've got my "abridged" (due to file size limitations) version of my project's game plan in my blogs. I could email you the full version if you'd like to review it for me. :-D
    maybe you could post a brief summary.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Bossing, unless it is a Pioneer showcar or you are a dealer, it is always a good idea to get the "best of breed" within your budget. There are very few compatibility issues if using different brands anyway, mas maganda pa ang tunog.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi naman sa hindi kami bilib sa pionerr.but remember that each brand has a specialty product.

pioneers are known for bang for the buck head units.functions and user friendliness is a big plus. thats why many people buy pioneer head units.

why would i buy a set of seps na pioneer if for the same price, i can get a really good set with a different brand that specializes with seps?like maybe...DLS?or focals??

"purists" are not those who go for the same brand sa lahat ng equipments nila. "purists" in audio are thos into sq or sound quality na talagang sobrang talas ng pandinig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Getting ICEd phase 1