New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *ILD: No worries, I (always) try to buy only from reputable shops. And since most respondents in my Myth/Fact thread regarding transporting speakers by air seem to think it's just a myth that speakers will be damaged this way, I think I might just buy in Singapore after leaving Thailand.
    Brief summary, well, the game plan actually just states what are included in my proposed project (goals, limits, options, etc.) divided into 3 phases. The 1st phase of which I've already presented here. The "abrdiged" version I attached in my blog basically states the important details of the project already. The reasons that the unabridged version was quite big was because 1. I had 3 options for HUs (thus, affecting most of the setup), 2. I had separate schematics for each 3 phases for each option, 3. I added Pioneer's specs sheets for most of the parts I intended to buy. Oh, in addition I also stated in my proposal the reason why I selected Pioneer: during my search, since our connection time was limited, it was only Pioneer, among the other brands I managed to research, that had most of the infos (as compared to the other brands I looked in to) I needed like, prices, specs sheets, catalogs, retail store infos, etc. since I can't go around personally or browse the net for hours on end to get reviews, etc. I'm just lucky I stumbled on to Tsikot.COM and manage to get inputs from fellow tsikoteers.
    *the_wildthing: c'mon dude, Pioneer showcar? my ride? hehehe. in my dreams. BTW: I am not a dealer too. hehehe.

*GlennSter: my reference to the term "purist" wasn't refering to purist to mean an impeccable audiophile's criteria, rather I just coined it myself for my habit of using (most of the time) several stuff from only one brand. That goes the same to buying several stuff from only one shop (if possible), saves me the hassle of dealing with too many people/shops, etc considering my work sked. I guess you could call it Loyalty without ROI. hehehe. But I'll try and research for other speakers from other brands (again) during my connection time if possible.
    Thanks for the inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    keep us posted chong...remember in audio...you are the one who listens to it.you are the one who pays for it.

so better buy the one which will satisfy all your needs and wants. balitaan mo kami!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    keep us posted chong...remember in audio...you are the one who listens to it.you are the one who pays for it.

so better buy the one which will satisfy all your needs and wants. balitaan mo kami!
    no prob. plano kong i-post din sana someday yung step-by-step (kung may time na magkukuha pa ng pics. hehehe) para next time na bubutingtingin ko, may nakatago akong kopya sa lugar na siguradong di ko maaaksidenteng mabura.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree, there are more bang for the money speakers than pioneer...
    try to audition first pati, join KAC soundoffs...

keep us posted good luck...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pioneer isn't really known for their seps...

Invest in more research time IMO.

B2Bomber: I assume your in the province, so I won't be able to recommend you shops here in manila, well unless ofcourse you come here.

As for your plan, keep it simple, be patient, and most importantly trust your ears. Whenever you can "audition" other setups do it, so you'll get a feel of how a certain brand sounds like, don't just go on word of mouth.

Share ko lang experience ko with sounds, I started off with a pair of Crystal separates, V12 (budget) Amps, Phoenix Gold Subs - installed it on a sunday (took us more than half a day). After a a few months, I got an offer I couldn't resist, someone was selling 3 JL Subs at a bargain price, so me and my friend immediately went to the seller to checked it out and eventually closed the deal. So I sold my PG subs and replaced it with my newly purchased JL. Then a few months later, another good offer came, this time a 4-channel Infinity amp (used ofcourse ). bought it, and sold my V12 amp. Along the way I purchased a clarion 7-band equa for more control. So in my experience its an evolving process, that could be be an expensive hobby but a satisfying hobby if done right.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILD
    B2Bomber: I assume your in the province, so I won't be able to recommend you shops here in manila, well unless ofcourse you come here.
    Wrong assumption ILD. I'm in some oil field in the vastness of the Gulf of Thailand at the moment. Please feel free to recommend shops in Manila. That's why I am mainly using the internet for my researches and am solely relying on numbers so to speak. Hope this explains my long queries at times (here and in other threads).
    As for your plan, keep it simple, be patient, and most importantly trust your ears. Whenever you can "audition" other setups do it, so you'll get a feel of how a certain brand sounds like, don't just go on word of mouth.
    I'd really love to do the auditioning myself but as you can see I'm in the middle of nowhere stuck in a 120x35m floating contraption with 200++ people from all over the world. :-D
    Share ko lang experience ko with sounds, I started off with a pair of Crystal separates, V12 (budget) Amps, Phoenix Gold Subs - installed it on a sunday (took us more than half a day). After a a few months, I got an offer I couldn't resist, someone was selling 3 JL Subs at a bargain price, so me and my friend immediately went to the seller to checked it out and eventually closed the deal. So I sold my PG subs and replaced it with my newly purchased JL. Then a few months later, another good offer came, this time a 4-channel Infinity amp (used ofcourse ). bought it, and sold my V12 amp. Along the way I purchased a clarion 7-band equa for more control. So in my experience its an evolving process, that could be be an expensive hobby but a satisfying hobby if done right.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. However, to be quite frank, I have no intentions of turning it into a hobby for several reasons.
    Thanks for the input guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Getting ICEd phase 1