New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sir jhnkvn, could you recommend a decent DSP for me? My setup is a 9887 HU, Mrp f356 flex 5 channel amp & infinity kappa perfect 5.1 seps. TIA.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Since wife mo ang gagamit then i think mas impt ang bells and whistles instead of actually sound quality. Dont get me wrong im not saying na zero sound quality gawin mo. What i just want to say is invest more sa head unit wherein pwedeng i link yung ipod/ipad/iphone, yung may TV/video, etc. I think mas mag e enjoy sya dito. Unless of course talagang audiophile yung wife mo. In that case, invest a lot in speakers. Note that speaker upgrade gives you the best SQ. The old rule of thumb actually is to spend 50% of your budget on your speakers.

Anyway, again, if wife mo gagamit i recommend this:

Headunit = 15T (Pioneer with lots of gadgets/cool stuff)
    Speakers = 15T (2-way separates)
    Amp = 10T (4x channel kung kaya for flexibility) - if you can find a class D (yung newer amps and not the old one) mas ok eto kasi mas mataas ang watts na mabibigay sayo. (bigger watts/dollar). Audiophiles will strike this suggestion though as Class A/B will sound better than a class D in general but heck, we are working around a budget so i'd go for a higher wattage amp which sounds decent than a low watt amp that will sound a very little bit better. Mas friendly pa sa alternator ang class D.

yung subs saka na pag may budget ka na ulit. You can use the stock rear speakers and just adjust the fader to fronts upto max setting then bring it back around 2 to 3 notches. This will give it some rear fill. This is not the audiophile route though but since wife mo naman ang gagamit and hindi naman sya siguro ganun ka particular, the rear fill will make the music sound bigger and fatter (at the expense of the singers voice being pulled back). Don't mention it nalang sa kanya para hindi nya mapansin yung location ng singer.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    many nice suggestions were posted, though the original question remains..

Decent sound quality sound set up without amplifier, possible?
    in truth, the answer actually depends on the TS himself, i.e. what is his definition of "decent sound quality". but because the TS has P40k to spare, i think whatever upgrade he decides will be an improvement over stock. just a matter of deciding what brand/model to get.

i say again start with a good HU and front speakers. and then continue on the rear speakers. if sound is still not decent enough, then time to add that Amp.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the inputs mga ka-tsikot and I really appreciate your suggestions. I was actually planning to buy a nice 2 DIN Head Unit with DVD player as a part of an upgrade preferably a Pioneer. Dami na kasi dito sa forum nagsasabi na maganda sound quality ng Pioneer compared to other brands at dami pang features. I was actually thinking of buying a good sounding separates for my planned set up since wala ngang amplifier which maybe can be remedied by that. Last night I was googling about the "Focal separates" and I'm planning to buy it there sa Pinas kahit entry level lang kasi maganda daw ang sound quality non.I end up searching in Sulit and found the product there at mura. Did some thorough searching and then later on I found out that they are fakes and looks the same as real ones. The thing is, the product model ng Focal seps na binebenta don't even being produced by Focal anymore. Siguro marami na rin nagkalat na ganyan sa market natin, even Morels which I was also eyeing, have fakes na rin. I got no idea if kahit sa mga audio shops sa Banawe binebenta yan. Pero for now iwas muna ako sa mga brands na yon lalo na at satin binebenta.

Since I can still stretch my budget more than 40k if needed to my intended set up, just like sir jhnkvn said, audition muna, so there's no regrets di ba? If adding an amplifier is needed para di ako masyadong mapamahal and achieve the sound quality, I go for that.. For the definition of my "Decent sound quality", for me it's like a sound quality that will suits my sound preference. ;-)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    *TS, sir pa hitch po sa thread.

Ask ko lang po mga I.C.E. gurus, maganda po ba kalalabasan ng sound quality if seperates sa front at coax sa likod ang gagawin ko sa stock HU ng car ko? Thanks po.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by H3JRVILLAMOR View Post
    Ask ko lang po mga I.C.E. gurus, maganda po ba kalalabasan ng sound quality if seperates sa front at coax sa likod ang gagawin ko sa stock HU ng car ko? Thanks po.
    nope. hindi maganda unless you suppress the tweeter output of the coax. recommended is separates sa front at mid-bass drivers only sa likod, or subwoofer.

pag may tweeters sa likod, masisira ang stereo imaging.

Stereo imaging is an audio jargon term used for the aspect of sound recording and reproduction concerning the perceived spatial locations of the sound source(s), both laterally and in depth. An image is considered to be good if the location of the performers can be clearly located; the image is considered to be poor if the location of the performers is difficult to locate.
    Last edited by red_one; June 25th, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    nope. hindi maganda unless you suppress the tweeter output of the coax. recommended is separates sa front at mid-bass drivers only sa likod, or subwoofer.

pag may tweeters sa likod, masisira ang stereo imaging.
    ^sir pasensya kung medyo makulit ako.newbie po talga ako sa car sounds.^_^ pede ba coax na lang ang ipalit sa front speakers?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sorry double post.✌️✌️✌️

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ^sir pasensya kung medyo makulit ako.newbie po talga ako sa car sounds.^_^ pede ba coax na lang ang ipalit sa front speakers?
    yes, pwede ang coax sa fronts.

ang advantage lang ng separates is you can control placement of tweeter. maganda kasi nasa bandang taas ang tweeter, almost ear level. ang woofer naman is okay na sa baba since bass (low frequency audio) is non-directional.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Pwedeng coax pre but i do not recommend it at all. Malaking bagay na ang tweeters mo nasa dash/a-pillar or somewhere higher. Generally, it will make your sound stage bigger. The difference is very very prominent. Mas gusto ko pang tumunog ang mediaocre 2-way separates with no amp kaysa sa amped coax na located way down sa doors. Kahit mas mahal pa yung coax unit kaysa sa seps.

In short, get a 2-way seps. Forget about the coax.

For rears naman, don't use coax as the high frequencies will just pull the imaging to the back. Ang habol mo nga magka depth sa fronts mo (windshield area). But if you're into video only, then heck just use what you have for rears, may it be coax or not.

Another reason i can think when to use coax sa rears is if ang habol mo eh mapansin ng tao sa parking lot. Opening your doors and turning the volume up will make all your doors sing...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast