New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by palonmar View Post
    Thanks for the input. Well then, I'll get the Focal Access AS165 like what you suggested. If ever I need a DSP, can you recommend me something if ever, is bang for the buck, or say, not too pricey. Thanks!
    The cheapest DSP-to-go is still the Alpine 9887 which has been phased out since 2008. It formerly retailed for Php16,000 but you can find its secondhand value at Php7,000 to Php10,000 depending on condition. Truthfully, from a value-perspective, don't expect it to depreciate much since it's still very much in-demand today due to its DSP capability.

Nowadays DSPs are priced in accordance to their features. The more tuning capability you need - the more expensive it gets. If you're going for a basic 2-way, the Pioneer 80PRS at Php16,500 is the 9887's "successor" in terms of filling out the needs of people. Although it is noted that the 80PRS is limited to 2-way unlike sa 9887 na pwede ka mag-3way on a passive-active mode (passives on the mids and highs). Alternatively, 2-way processors are priced at Php16,000 -- these are the likes of BitTen, Mosconi4to6, etc.

For 2DINN head units that can natively support 2-way tuning, closest that comes to mind is Alpine IC8 at 36,000php. It isn't cheap. Har har.. most people go for 2DIN head units plus a processor. So that's usually 16,000php on top of your head unit.

3-way processors on the otherhand.. are expensive. Php30,000 upwards yan like the Alpine H800, Mosconi6to8, BitOne, etc. For head units, the to-go headunit will be the Pioneer P99RS at Php45,000~ (easily found at Php36,000 nowadays) which has everything you really need in a head unit.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    ^ I think it's better to buy all the equipments abroad na lang and then pa-install ko na lang pag-uwi ko except for the Focal separates you suggested. It's not only I will get the genuine products, plus, I can also get the higher models with more features and tuning capabilities with only slightly higher price (ok lang) . Always mas mahal kasi satin ang mga electronic products which is sometimes 1.5 times more than abroad.

I will look for the brands like Alpine and Pioneer since they are widely known and heavily mentioned in this forum so I can be sure of their sound quality. Since our market is already flooded with fake items from China, sometimes hard to distinguish from fake or not, If I need an amplifier, I will buy that too abroad.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by palonmar View Post
    ^ I think it's better to buy all the equipments abroad na lang and then pa-install ko na lang pag-uwi ko except for the Focal separates you suggested. It's not only I will get the genuine products, plus, I can also get the higher models with more features and tuning capabilities with only slightly higher price (ok lang) . Always mas mahal kasi satin ang mga electronic products which is sometimes 1.5 times more than abroad.

I will look for the brands like Alpine and Pioneer since they are widely known and heavily mentioned in this forum so I can be sure of their sound quality. Since our market is already flooded with fake items from China, sometimes hard to distinguish from fake or not, If I need an amplifier, I will buy that too abroad.
    That depends on where you plan to buy. In the US, you have a vast array of options. You might want to look at their Kenwood amplifiers - not bad really. However, European imports such as Focal-JMLab, Audison, etc. are quite expensive there. In fact, the Philippines is more price competitive.

I will suggest you spend a lot of time on the planning stage. Parang bahay lang yan - tagalan mo sa planning and make sure that's how you like it. If in the event you'll be changing your mind, it might be costly.

Although our market IS flooded with fake items, ganun din naman sa mga ibang bansa - although some take copyright infringement seriously. In purchasing local, I will advice that you purchase from authorized dealers. Not only do you get original products but you also have a local warranty to boot (which is quite important <3 weeks from purchase in case of any lemons).

If you plan on buying from the US, give Hybrid Audio a chance. Scott Buwalda's speakers are engineered at a good price point. They're rarer than what you find in the Philippines but boy.. their speaker engineering isn't something to scoff at. Bang-per-engineering wise.. truthfully, they're cheaper. Mahal mga brand-name brands

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    ^ I was thinking about buying there as well sa atin because of the warranty issues if there is any problem with the purchased items. Mostly, they don't have international warranty and no way it can be replaced with new one or being repaired. Maybe you are right na baka mapagastos pa ako lalo sa planned set-up ko sana if I will be planning it for longer time. About Kenwood brand, I was giving a thought about that and I wonder why sa atin, seldomly mentioned them where in the US it's been receiving some good reviews. The quality for me is quite competitive with regards to its price, and actually, I have some Kenwood audio equipments in my old car ( A head unit and a separates ) built for LnC purpose only.

Sa SUV ko naman, di ko na plan i-set up kasi magastos at okay na yung beats pro headphone ko since i usually have short vacation and made some few trips during my leave.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    try auditioning Bewith befit speakers with the stock headunit. ganda ng tunog.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gygie View Post
    try auditioning Bewith befit speakers with the stock headunit. ganda ng tunog.
    Sounds new to me, saan sa atin my retailer nyan? Interesting! :-)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'll pass on the Bewith BeFit. Bewith is one of Japan's more boutique brands and imported locally by Mike (who also distributes RE Audio, Cadence, and Stinger).

In any case, if you really want it then step up to the Accurate lineup which costs six digits. Because that's where Bewith's magic happens and this is mainly due to the 2-way wideband + midbass configuration that reduces phase shift.

If not, stay away. It's expensive for the performance it gives and that's why I disapprove of it.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    * jhnkvn Thanks for the input, well that's too much for a simple sound set-up that goes beyond 5 digit mark. I better stick with your advice. :-)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    hello mga masters,

I have the Mirage G4 GLS and i want to upgrade yung sound nya. Ang head unit n naka instsll is yung AVT. Gusto ko lang gumanda yung sounds ng kaunti without changing the head unit. Minsan kasi mejo garalgal yung sounds and sabog yung bass kahit low volume. Any suggestion po and budget wise, yun lang po mura sana. Naisip ko if changing the speakers will solve the issue. Thanks

Sent from my iPod

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by threadstone View Post
    hello mga masters,

I have the Mirage G4 GLS and i want to upgrade yung sound nya. Ang head unit n naka instsll is yung AVT. Gusto ko lang gumanda yung sounds ng kaunti without changing the head unit. Minsan kasi mejo garalgal yung sounds and sabog yung bass kahit low volume. Any suggestion po and budget wise, yun lang po mura sana. Naisip ko if changing the speakers will solve the issue. Thanks

Sent from my iPod
    If then so, replacement of your stock speakers to aftermarket ones will be the first step. For budget brands but still have a brand backing them up, JBL and Pioneer are great budget speakers. You might also want to patronize local brands such as Targa, Firland Audio, and Ryan Audio.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234