New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    lowest would be at least 8.5K (excluding the HU)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    curious lng yung all targa ba hindi lalagpas ng 10k? excluding HU. ano n ksma nun, 2 or 3 way seps, amp, sub? or coax?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yehey!!!! im having my cars audio set up setup this week, im getting the new ipod nano din so! cant wait to listen to my ipod in my car with the new setup!

btw, if u guys are looking for nanos i have a source selling them at 15k for the 4gb and 12k for the 2gb!!! hehe, baka gusto nyo din.

il post my set up before the week ends!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Why not try the acoustic vertus seps...they are pretty good...im a user and pretty happy with it specially if your purpose is for SQ and the price isnt that bad....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ei mga pare patulong naman plan q audio set up yung auto q e 2003 nissan sentra gx kaso wala pa q alam kung anu mga bibilhin q from the head unit gusto q sana SPL na my konting SQ thanks ha!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Kenwood amplifier KAC-HQR8400

Maximum Power Output720W
    CEA Spec.

60Watts x 4 at 4 Ohms and 1%THD+N
    85dBA (Reference 1Watt into 4 Ohms)
    Rated Power

60WattsRMS x 4ch at 4 Ohms
    90WattsRMS x 4ch at 2 Ohms
    60WattsRMS x 2ch + 180Watts RMS x 1ch at 4 Ohms
    General Features

Variable Low Pass Filter (50-200[Hz], -12dB/oct)
    Variable High Pass Filter (50-200[Hz], -12dB/oct)
    Bass Boost (40[Hz], +18dB) only Bch
    Size: W 330mm x H 55mm x D 215mm

pa help Sa Setup ng Sounds Ko ano magandang combination na speaker para sa Kenwood Amplifier ko gusto ko ung maganda ung bass advance tnx sir/mam

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    mga sir, patulong naman sa sound setup. I have a 2004 BMW 318 and naka stock na sound system siya currently.

nagpa quote ako sa mickey's and below yung nirecommend kanina:

Infinity Kappa 5" - ~9k
    Sonus Ecstatic ~13k / Rockford ~20k
    Alpine 9887 (slightly used) ~10.5k
    Sub focal/morel 10" ~8-9k
    Labor ~8.5k

All prices are just estimates and pwede pang babaan.. it was just a 15-minute chat nung dumaan ako kanina.

What do you think guys? Ano bang recommended na setup?

mejo trip ko yung alternative/house music.. and preferrably mejo bumabayo sana yung sounds.

thanks gurus!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    You failed to ask how much Mickey charges sa tuning niya.. you won't take advantage of the 9887 unless you do.

Second is that you can't lower the prices of products by much since it's regulated by the distributor mismo. If you want to start haggling, doon ka sa labor and services ;)

I'll go hit you back a longer reply later.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Det7 View Post
    mga sir, patulong naman sa sound setup. I have a 2004 BMW 318 and naka stock na sound system siya currently.

nagpa quote ako sa mickey's and below yung nirecommend kanina:

Infinity Kappa 5" - ~9k
    Sonus Ecstatic ~13k / Rockford ~20k
    Alpine 9887 (slightly used) ~10.5k
    Sub focal/morel 10" ~8-9k
    Labor ~8.5k

All prices are just estimates and pwede pang babaan.. it was just a 15-minute chat nung dumaan ako kanina.

What do you think guys? Ano bang recommended na setup?

mejo trip ko yung alternative/house music.. and preferrably mejo bumabayo sana yung sounds.

thanks gurus!
    You're off to a good start. First thing you might want to do is head to Kotseaudioclub.com's forums and start reading. Just take maybe 3 days to back read and try to absorb as much knowledge as you can.

1. I'm not fickle on what your speakers are -- it's hard to get 5" speakers as most speakers are manufactured on a 6.5" diameter basis. Give Mickey your budget, ask what are your options, then choose among those.

2. The Alpine 9887 is highly recommended. Your next option will be the newer Pioneer 80PRS which retails at 16,000php SRP.. sadly, since it's still relatively new, secondhand prices are still fairly high. You can sometimes spot secondhand CDA-9887s at KAC's ICE selling section and going price is at 7,000php to 10,000php.

3. For the subwoofer, truthfully.. I'm not much of a subwoofer guy. Subwoofer performance is highly dependent on enclosure. You don't pick a subwoofer then pick your enclosure to fit your needs.. it's actually the opposite way around. Mickey's preference will probably be the Focal Performance subwoofer or the Morel Primo -- both are very good subwoofers (I prefer the Morel in this case) on a sealed box.

3.1. If you can go for 12", go for a twelve over a ten. Reason for this? More surface area = more efficient at moving air = more bass.

3.2 For your budget, personally I'll lower the subwoofer's budget. If you want to go for something lower but not too low, I'll vote for a JBL GTO1214 subwoofer. That should free up around 5,000php from your budget for other allocations.

4. Your amplifier will depend on how Mickey plans on wiring your system. From the looks of it, he'll probably tap the 9887's built-in amplifier for the tweeters, run the midbass on two of the amplifier's channel (4-channel amplifier), and bridge the other two for the subwoofer.

4.1 You will run full-active in your system. Because if you don't, you're not utilizing your CDA-9887's processing capabilities.

5. Try to note of all other miscellaneous expenses such as subwoofer enclosure costs. Then you also have to budget for wiring costs (again, ask for your options at your budget), labor, woodworks, and lastly tuning costs.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
car audio set-up