New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    TheTS is looking at either upgrading the stock HU or stock speakers on a limited budget. IMHO, to get better sound quality compared to stock is to upgrade the speakers first. If budget is very limited, a pair at a time. I ws suggesting to upgrade the rear ovals first, then the front door speakers.

Parang wala pa akong nabasa about a sub from the TS.
    yes, budget yung setup na gusto ng TS, thats why i would recommend tha the HU first before anything else. the driver (HU) will make or break your SQ lalo na kung walang amp.

kaya this is what ive said :
    if you can get the seps and HU all together, then id say go for that muna. kahit full setup ka na (amp subs seps HU crossover) hindi mo kailangan ng quality rear coax. pero if your just going to stop with HU seps and rear.. then definitely, go for all the speakers.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by winferrer View Post
    stock radio honda..fujitsu ten ata toh...30watts...

going to buy pioneer hu na 50watts...

big difference ba? or ndi?

iniisip ko kasi if i'm going to buy speakers agad together w/ the new headunit.

or orig speakers muna w/ the new unit.
    You did asked a question and too many responsed w/ diff. opinion. Now, where did we go from here? If you really want to go beyond basic factory replacement observe a few common sense and youll sidestep potential mistake. Dont be discourage no matter what kind of project you're planning, decide what kind of music that is best suit in your lifestyle and how far you want to go before you begin.

For me, I would go w/ the H.U first with at least two pre-amp output if outboard amplifier's is on the list and also the functionality like USB connection, built-in iPod controls and so on for future expansion(well,you dont have to go all this). You dont have to get all the gear in one time.... upgrade one step at a time your dream system all the way to nirvana. Again plan ahead, so all the components you buy are compatible w/ your ultimate goal.
    Your question about watts.
    If they said watts its the peak power not RMS.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; April 30th, 2008 at 06:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

yes, budget yung setup na gusto ng TS, thats why i would recommend tha the HU first before anything else. the driver (HU) will make or break your SQ lalo na kung walang amp.
    Agree with your view bro.
    -----------------------------------

Again, if you want to improve the sound quality of your car stereo and you are on a limited budget,- change your HU first. Your idea from a 30W to a 50W HU should be a good move. The speakers are almost always built the same. Nothing special with them nowadays. And even if you change them, how can you expect better sound quality if your source(HU) is still wanting or inadequate? But with the HU,- now there's the difference. I suggest you get the one with a bass boost,- although this is pretty much the standard nowadays. Your stock speakers can handle it.

I know that because I've been doing this for all of our vehicles past and present and there's definitely a significant difference in sound quality.

5909:burn:
    Last edited by CVT; April 30th, 2008 at 08:15 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa Avanza ko, inuna ko ang speakers. nakita ko ang stock speaker. paper cone lang. walang tweeter. 1-way lang. Ng napalitan to JBL, may boom na ako (pero syempre, iba pa rin ang boooooom booooooom boooooom ng sub) at high frequencies. Stock HU pa rin. It was cheaper for me to replace the speaker than to replace the HU first.

IMHO, kahit gaano kaganda ang HU kung kaawa awa naman ang speakers .....

I might go for a sub first than replaceing the stock HU.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Bro,- maybe one-off?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree with your view bro.
    -----------------------------------

Again, if you want to improve the sound quality of your car stereo and you are on a limited budget,- change your HU first. Your idea from a 30W to a 50W HU should be a good move. The speakers are almost always built the same. Nothing special with them nowadays. And even if you change them, how can you expect better sound quality if your source(HU) is still wanting or inadequate? But with the HU,- now there's the difference. I suggest you get the one with a bass boost,- although this is pretty much the standard nowadays. Your stock speakers can handle it.

I know that because I've been doing this for all of our vehicles past and present and there's definitely a significant difference in sound quality.

I agree with the HU making the most impact on a limited budget.

However, speakers are not all the same. Far from it. The cheap speakers that normally come standard in cars will sound pretty much the same, but upgrading them to even cheap Targas will improve sound quality a lot. More so with high end speakers like Focal, Morels etc... Of course the better speakers will need quality amps to really make them sing.

Personally, I'll upgrade the HU 1st. Then use any money left to get better speakers. Remember the speakers are the only part that you can actually hear. I'll go as far as suggesting to put the most money on the front speakers. For budget meal systems, Targa, JBL, Crystal and Infinity give good return for you money.

Amps will be optional for now, since you are on a budget. If you can, get a 4 channel amp from Fenton or a fake V12. They will do the job. Why a 4channel amp? You can power both front and rear speakers. Then if you get a sub, just move your rear fill to the HU and bridge channels 3 and 4 to power your sub.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hhhmmm how about MP3 player and headphones?

m sure mas ok yan..pag tight budget...joke..lang...

mas ok ipon ka muna then search sa forums tapos buy na...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    You did asked a question and too many responsed w/ diff. opinion. Now, where did we go from here? If you really want to go beyond basic factory replacement observe a few common sense and youll sidestep potential mistake. Dont be discourage no matter what kind of project you're planning, decide what kind of music that is best suit in your lifestyle and how far you want to go before you begin.

For me, I would go w/ the H.U first with at least two pre-amp output if outboard amplifier's is on the list and also the functionality like USB connection, built-in iPod controls and so on for future expansion(well,you dont have to go all this). You dont have to get all the gear in one time.... upgrade one step at a time your dream system all the way to nirvana. Again plan ahead, so all the components you buy are compatible w/ your ultimate goal.
    Your question about watts.
    If they said watts its the peak power not RMS.
    naku, pre amp pala tawag dun... old school na ata ngturo ng sound setup sakin kaya tawag niya pa din aux out...

anyway, yes this is true, always start with the HU first before anything else. you dont have to do it all in one time. if on a budgeted setup, just have the idea of what you wnat to achieve in the end. kung full SQ, then HU - seps - subs and amp sabay plus the wiring (eto yung pinakamahal na step)

then for better SQ lang without the amp ang target, HU -- seps -- rear. pero warning ko lang is baka mabitin ka sa sounds then ull end up buying the 3rd setup of subs and amp... sayang yung nilagay mo na rear.

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I agree with the HU making the most impact on a limited budget.

However, speakers are not all the same. Far from it. The cheap speakers that normally come standard in cars will sound pretty much the same, but upgrading them to even cheap Targas will improve sound quality a lot. More so with high end speakers like Focal, Morels etc... Of course the better speakers will need quality amps to really make them sing.

Personally, I'll upgrade the HU 1st. Then use any money left to get better speakers. Remember the speakers are the only part that you can actually hear. I'll go as far as suggesting to put the most money on the front speakers. For budget meal systems, Targa, JBL, Crystal and Infinity give good return for you money.

Amps will be optional for now, since you are on a budget. If you can, get a 4 channel amp from Fenton or a fake V12. They will do the job. Why a 4channel amp? You can power both front and rear speakers. Then if you get a sub, just move your rear fill to the HU and bridge channels 3 and 4 to power your sub.
    precisely!
    pero heres the catch, if your just using stock rear, do not power it with the amp... it might not be able to handle the power. i might be wrong coz i never really recommend doing this.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    agree ako na unahin mo yung HU. no matter how good your speakers are they will still be dependent on how much power your HU will provide (unless you have an amp w/c is out of the question for now).

advice ko... masaya ka na ba sa bibilhin mong HU? ok na ba ang features sa iyo (radio & CD lang ba? baka gusto mo rin ng mp3, wma, usb, etc?)?

make sure ok na yung feature para hindi ka na magbago in the near future. kung medyo mahal yung gusto mo, save up for it. tiis muna

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I would personally attest to the HU upgrade improving your system's sound.

Until now I'm still running stock speakers on my Jazz. When I replaced the stock Kenwood HU for my present Pioneer unit, the sound of the speakers changed dramatically.

I'm not very picky with sound staging or other SQ terms, so I noticed the sound image is pretty low due to the location of the speakers (at the footwells). But provided I don't crank up the bass and volume so high as to induce rattles, the stock Jazz speakers actually sound fairly decent and clear since the hookup to the Pioneer HU.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
big difference? 30watt and 50watt headunit