New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 303 of 307 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307 LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3070
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    baket karamihan ang impression bulok ang stock HU?

retain the stock HU gamitin mo lang line out niya buhos mo lahat ng pera sa amp and speakers

night and day na ang difference
    kasi stock? [emoji28]
    i think si jhnkvn ganyan setup, stock HU
    pero parang royal albert hall ang tunog

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    kasi stock? [emoji28]
    i think si jhnkvn ganyan setup, stock HU
    pero parang royal albert hall ang tunog

Uy gusto ko yan

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mas malaki ang sound difference between speakers than between head units

i mean if you compare several head units using the same speakers, maliit lang ang difference

pero if you compare several speakers using the same head unit, iba iba ang tunog

buy the best amps and speakers you can afford and leave the stock HU alone

that's just me

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Uy gusto ko yan

sayo bro pwede, sakin di pwede sa akin bro, iirc nasa 300k lahat nagastos hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    mas malaki ang sound difference between speakers than between head units

i mean if you compare several head units using the same speakers, maliit lang ang difference

pero if you compare several speakers using the same head unit, iba iba ang tunog

buy the best amps and speakers you can afford and leave the stock HU alone

that's just me
    Newer stock HUs are much better than what was before. They have better features and much better sounding.

I am with Uls that it is better to spend on good speakers and amps. You can also add processors to help you in setting proper cutoff frequencies for the speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    sayo bro pwede, sakin di pwede sa akin bro, iirc nasa 300k lahat nagastos hehehe

Hindi ko din kaya yan bro hahaha

Ito ikakabit sa Hilux:
    Pioneer ts-g160c seps front
    Pioneer ts-g1620f coax rear
    4sheets deadening
    4 spacers
    4 foamring

HU most likely i will retain the stock. Di ko lang alam kung ok ba yung stock HU ng Toyota na hindi touch screen.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Newer stock HUs are much better than what was before. They have better features and much better sounding.

I am with Uls that it is better to spend on good speakers and amps. You can also add processors to help you in setting proper cutoff frequencies for the speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    same opinion here, stock HU's nowadays are way better and mostly integrated na mga steering wheel controls. its a must now yung smartphone connectivity like you can mirror your phone, apple carplay or android auto, navi apps, spotify connect and other music streamers. of course its a plus na din if its able to playback hi-res music formats, touchscreen and options to connect reverse camera.

kaya stock speakers at headunits ang madalas inuuna kasi dati hindi talaga maganda tumunog ang mga stock car audio except maybe sa mga premium cars. saka mga HU dati limited ang mga tuning features at playback capabilities to play hi-res music formats na nasa mga aftermarket HU's lang dati. kaya yung mga nag audio upgrade, mostly palit HU talaga. ngayon ok na mga HU, may mga tuning features na like time alignments at may mga plug n' play DSP's na rin to install in b/n HU and speakers to optimize yung in-car accoustics.

nowadays it reverses the approach na. maybe just adding an underseat active subwoofer to augment the low frequencies ay okay na

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post

nowadays it reverses the approach na. maybe just adding an underseat active subwoofer to augment the low frequencies ay okay na

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    to an extent i suspect a good number of non-audiophiles will already be happy just with a subwoofer upgrade

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    So why then is the reco always to start with seps instead of sub?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

maybe para mas less ng konti gastos sir

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For me seps before sub. Especially in a big car/SUV where there's lots of space inside the doors you can get a very good amount of bass. In some cases more than what you can get from those small underseat subs.

Another reason is the amount of space a sub needs in its enclosure to be able to work properly. Adding a proper sub will definitely take away some of your car's practicality, so might as well dip your toes and go seps first and see if you're satisfied before deciding to dive in with a sub if you're not.

audio set-up for beginners [continued]