New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 297 of 307 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3070
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    For the 40k I got this set incl. deadening, installation and labor:

Parang same dun sa 40k sa labas na set that you mentioned except that it's an underseat sub instead of a box sub.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    If so, good deal na din yung kicker set * 40k lalo na for a space saver build.

But yung 40k sa labas na i've mentioned "mas busog" kasi higher yung wattage compared sa kicker build.

Maybe you can try the kicker build again sa Civic but i'm sure na maghahanap ka na ng difference character when it comes to your sounds

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post

But yung 40k sa labas na i've mentioned "mas busog" kasi higher yung wattage compared sa kicker build.

Maybe you can try the kicker build again sa Civic but i'm sure na maghahanap ka na ng difference character when it comes to your sounds
    agree, very good deal na if it includes pa installation, tuning and labor. magkakatalo na lang how the installer tune it to jut's liking. sino installer mo bro jut?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Yeah looking to try something different for the Civic. Although no rush to upgrade naman - when I feel like listening to music, I use the CRV but pag FM radio lang then any car is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    agree, very good deal na if it includes pa installation, tuning and labor. magkakatalo na lang how the installer tune it to jut's liking. sino installer mo bro jut?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Honda QC nagkabit bro. Then tuned it myself since may AI DSP naman yung amp so literally 1 click lang to tune it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Actually good to know that you know the wiring diagram of your build.

Here's what i can help (tune by ear):

-Reset the LOC gain to the middle
    -Reset (sagad sa counter-clockwise) the gain of channel 1&2 and channel 3&4)
    -Switch to FULL instead of HPF for channel 1&2 and channel 3&4
    -Do a pink noise (unoccupied radio station will do)
    -Turn the amplifier gain clockwise until you hear clipping
    -Do the same for the gain sa other channel
    -Play a familar song to you
    -Check if pwede na yung tunog. If not, do the gain again.

Or you can use a digital multimeter if you have 1 laying around.

PM nalang tayo if you have other inquiries or we can use the thread para malaman din ng iba. Hehe i think part of the thread naman yung concern mo

Thanks for this Boss Sleepcare.

Balita na lang ako kung ano maging resulta.

Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    I'm looking to upgrade my focal 25a4. It's decent and get really loud but it can get muddy. Wala din masyado extension and it can't go really low. Any suggestions? Location would be my spare tire well so I can't get something that would take a lot of space.. I'm not really looking for something loud

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reptar View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my focal 25a4. It's decent and get really loud but it can get muddy. Wala din masyado extension and it can't go really low. Any suggestions? Location would be my spare tire well so I can't get something that would take a lot of space.. I'm not really looking for something loud
    What amp are you using to power that 10" sub? How about the box you use?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    I'm using a Mercury audio m800 amp. Not really sure about the the exact dimensions of the enclosure but it's made of fiberglass and is shaped a like a cylinder. Sakto lang lang sa spare tire well

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm using a Mercury audio m800 amp. Not really sure about the the exact dimensions of the enclosure but it's made of fiberglass and is shaped a like a cylinder. Sakto lang lang sa spare tire well
    Was the enclosure properly designed for the sub? I suggest you use a slim sealed rectangular enclosure (made of MDF). Focal recommends a sealed enclosure with a volume between 15 liters (0.53 cubic feet) and 25 liters (0.88 cubic feet) for the 25a4 (as per specs). To adjust loudness, you just have to lower the gains on the amp to provide a cleaner signal for the sub.

With my 10" RF sub before, I used a 12x12x12 (inches) sealed enclosure that came out to around 0.75 cubic feet which was good enough for in-car listening.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Was the enclosure properly designed for the sub? I suggest you use a slim sealed rectangular enclosure (made of MDF). Focal recommends a sealed enclosure with a volume between 15 liters (0.53 cubic feet) and 25 liters (0.88 cubic feet) for the 25a4 (as per specs). To adjust loudness, you just have to lower the gains on the amp to provide a cleaner signal for the sub.

With my 10" RF sub before, I used a 12x12x12 (inches) sealed enclosure that came out to around 0.75 cubic feet which was good enough for in-car listening.
    I really don't know the specs of the box but I assume siguro naman. Anyway is it a good idea to take it out and refabricate a new box? And is it okay to have a circle shaped box so long as you met the proper volume?

Another question: what's the best tweeter location? The stock location of my Tweeters are on the dash , facing the windshield. I'm thinking of getting some tweeter pods and relocating them

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I really don't know the specs of the box but I assume siguro naman. Anyway is it a good idea to take it out and refabricate a new box? And is it okay to have a circle shaped box so long as you met the proper volume?

Another question: what's the best tweeter location? The stock location of my Tweeters are on the dash , facing the windshield. I'm thinking of getting some tweeter pods and relocating them
    Yes, you can make a new box for the sub and keep it within the required volume.

For the tweets, most car doors have mounts for tweeters so just use them. If your tweeters would not fit the door mounts, you can make a custom mount and place them on the A pillar or use pods placed at the base of the A pillar. Be sure to point the tweeters towards the center area of the car, between the two front seats to maximise sound staging.

audio set-up for beginners [continued]