New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by luchi_bie View Post
    See my post just above yours. Akai and TEAC are the same product but Akai got slightly higher specs but per Jeff will yield same performance. Same lang ung quote niya for the two.

Improvement: way better from my stock speakers. Baka nga hinde na ako mag-amp/sub. Palit na lang ako HU.
    Sir, teac setup ba yun sayo? Pm naman ng price at details. Hehehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Hey Guys,

I am a student, and to make my long drives to school a little more bearable, I decided to have my first audio system installed by Araneta Car Accessories. I gave Jeff Tan my budget (which isn't much since I don't have income yet hahaha) and he worked around it by installing a straight lightning lab set-up.

Unfortunately, the tweeters are a little bit too bright/loud (Cymbal crashes are too loud to the point of being painful on louder volumes?). I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on what I should have done.

Set-up:
    Lightning lab bullet tweeters (titanium-dome) mounted on the door
    Lightning lab raw driver
    Lightning lab 80X4 Amp
    Lightning lab 12" sub with ported box
    Pioneer head unit

From what I understand, the seps are on a passive crossover and the sub is being powered on bridged mode.

Through personal research, I have found a few possible solutions to make things better, but I would appreciate your advice since I am still a newbie when it comes to car audio.

Option 1: Install resistors or L-pad to lower the power that the tweeters receive. Will this be possible on my current set-up? Any ideas where I can get this done?

Option 2: Replace my Seps to something less harsh. Any suggestions on student budget friendly ones? Perhaps Targa X-series?

Option 3: Front deadening. I'm aware that deadening my doors would improve the mids/midbass. Would this make things blend better?

Option 4: Get a mono amp to power the subwoofer then run the mids and tweeters active. Newbie question: would doing this have an affect on my car's battery/alternator?

Any advice would be appreciated since I do not really have friends that are interested in car audio that I can ask. Please remember that I am still on a student budget (No income except allowance! hahaha) so installing Focal/Morel are still out of reach for now.

I really appreciate the help guys. Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    ^ why you did not let Jeff know your issues? I believe he is best person who can help you since he's your installer.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro17 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am a student, and to make my long drives to school a little more bearable, I decided to have my first audio system installed by Araneta Car Accessories. I gave Jeff Tan my budget (which isn't much since I don't have income yet hahaha) and he worked around it by installing a straight lightning lab set-up.

Unfortunately, the tweeters are a little bit too bright/loud (Cymbal crashes are too loud to the point of being painful on louder volumes?). I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on what I should have done.

Set-up:
    Lightning lab bullet tweeters (titanium-dome) mounted on the door
    Lightning lab raw driver
    Lightning lab 80X4 Amp
    Lightning lab 12" sub with ported box
    Pioneer head unit

From what I understand, the seps are on a passive crossover and the sub is being powered on bridged mode.

Through personal research, I have found a few possible solutions to make things better, but I would appreciate your advice since I am still a newbie when it comes to car audio.

Option 1: Install resistors or L-pad to lower the power that the tweeters receive. Will this be possible on my current set-up? Any ideas where I can get this done?

Option 2: Replace my Seps to something less harsh. Any suggestions on student budget friendly ones? Perhaps Targa X-series?

Option 3: Front deadening. I'm aware that deadening my doors would improve the mids/midbass. Would this make things blend better?

Option 4: Get a mono amp to power the subwoofer then run the mids and tweeters active. Newbie question: would doing this have an affect on my car's battery/alternator?

Any advice would be appreciated since I do not really have friends that are interested in car audio that I can ask. Please remember that I am still on a student budget (No income except allowance! hahaha) so installing Focal/Morel are still out of reach for now.

I really appreciate the help guys. Thanks!
    Does the passive allow you to have any adjustments? If not, tune it down through the settings by lowering down the treble. What is the exact HU you are using? Because it might have an EQ adjustment that will let you cutoff the highs a bit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sell off your lightning lab raws+tweets and get a proper 6.5" midbass and tweeter combination.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *pedro17: how much was your original budget? sana nag-start ka muna with a nice SQ setup. the Pioneer HU can be paired with good separates, with or without external amp as budget permits. subwoofer can be added on a later time. like you said, you only wanted your long drive to be a little bearable, right? or did you wanted a loud setup from the start?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    *pedro17,
    Bro hindi ba na explain sa inyo ni Jeff that raw drivers are the route to go for loud and clear set-ups? Pang outside listening talaga yan bullet tweeters and raw driver mid-bass.
    Like what was said ibalik mo muna sa installer mo and tell him your concerns. Baka kaya idaan muna sa tuning and install before you decide to change anything and spend more.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Guys,

Need your opinion this is the set-up Jeff and I discussed for my Kia Sorento:

6.5" Akai Component (Front)
    6.5" AKai Coax (Back)
    Php 4,000 for both
    Akai Active Subwoofer (Flat Type)
    Php 6,000

You this would sound decent I'm sure its better than my stock right now

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Sorry tanong lang kung ano complete address ni Jeff. Ty

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Tama tama tama 3x