New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    My '06 Civic setup still uses the stock HU. I just used a OEM interface external EQ to tweak the signal using speaker line inputs. There are a lot of brands available now. I opted the entry models of well-known brands like Focal and JL Audio. With your budget, we can set up your Civic pretty decently.

For more details on the audio setup of my Civic and other modifications, click on:

http://www.TeamFD.com.ph

You will find this site very informative and fun.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks. I just added a subwoofer. Im about to add seps at the front. (my cousin advised me not to have the back speakers replaced). Ill probably buy a 4 way amp (Kicker).

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    kung andito ka lang sa qc...
    heheheh...

dls b6(front)
    dls k6(rear) or dls coax
    jbl gto1202d sub
    box
    custom trunk layout
    wiring kits
    jbl gto75.4 amp

saktong sakto sa 40k yan...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    change your front speakers to a high end or mid end seps...
    better din to change the rear kahit coax lang...
    minsan kasi pag nilalakasan mo may tendency na pumitik yung sound ng stock...

and since gagamit ka ng 4ch amp yung rear speakers mo straight sa hu kya mas maganda kng paltan mo cya..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Im thinking of getting a set of separates on the 6-8k range. Im just a total audio noob so I dont know the difference between mid and high speakers. pero is it really that important to change the rears as well? Would it also be better to get a 2 channel amp and hook it up to the front seps instead on all fours?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ado View Post
    Im thinking of getting a set of separates on the 6-8k range. Im just a total audio noob so I dont know the difference between mid and high speakers. pero is it really that important to change the rears as well? Would it also be better to get a 2 channel amp and hook it up to the front seps instead on all fours?
    You don't need to change rear speakers. For me its totally optional. Sound must come from the front. When you listen to a concert the performer is in front, that is what you are trying to recreate. The rear speakers are just for fill.

I would still go with a 4 channel amp, you can use channels 3 and 4 to power your sub/s.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    This particular sub that I got already comes with a built-in amp ... Is it still possible to use channels 3 and 4 for the sub?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Amplified sub pala. Just get a 2 channel amp. You can keep your rear speakers powered by the HU or just do away with them.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yeah I guess I should go for the 2 channel. Kaso lang pumitik talaga yung stock rear speakers ko and my sub (which is a V12 12 inch with built in amp, budget kase ehhe) isnt as loud as I want it to.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    you get what you pay for...
    stock hu pa yan right?
    bgo k bumili ng ibang items try to cgange the hu first...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
40K Budget for sound? HELP