New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Any recommendations guys for a 40K Budget ( brand new equipment)? with regards to brand, size of sub, estimated labor etc. (on a 06 Civic) Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    What equipment exactly are you looking for, and what type of music do you play?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I'm willing to keep my stock head unit if possible (Mahirap din hahanapin ng dash kit for 06 Civic) so I'd want to get 2 Subs with enclosure, an Amp, new set of speakers. I normally play house and RnB music. Hindi naman talaga ako hard core car audio buff but I just want something clear and loud.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ado View Post
    I'm willing to keep my stock head unit if possible (Mahirap din hahanapin ng dash kit for 06 Civic) so I'd want to get 2 Subs with enclosure, an Amp, new set of speakers. I normally play house and RnB music. Hindi naman talaga ako hard core car audio buff but I just want something clear and loud.
    Got this from CSG's audio thread. Not sure about the price tag but it's an all JBL setup. GTI series for seps tapos power series for both amp and subs. Parang nakikinig ka daw ng concert non

Gluck bro

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Share ko lang baka ok sayo bro, sensya na di ako masyado magaling sa mga audio lingo pero baka makatulong ..

Yung bayaw ko kaka tapos lang yesterday(2 days installation) yung set up niya for his bnew CRV. He bought 2 10" rockfords 400 or 600 watts each,di lang ako sure basta even number (yung may punch sa harap) 1 week used for P2800 each(mura to). 2 amps na rockfords bnew 650 something(basta kulay black na manipis) yung model,(ayaw niya sabihin yung price) then focal na seps sa harap (P16k/pair daw) at isang pair sa likod focal din) All in all P48k ang kanyang gastos. Yung orig HU niya sa susunod na lang daw papalitan.

Pinakinggan ko kanina and all I can say is malinaw talaga and pag nilaksan yung volume ng bass talagang yumayanig hanggang 2nd floor ng bahay nila.

Yung box niya maganda din ang gawa at may secret daw na nilagay yung nag iinstall para gumanda yung tunog kahit maliit lang.

Btw sa Mickey's autos sound niya pinagawa.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    bro para sa budget mong yan pwedeng pwede yan...
    txt me bro for details...
    917 536 40 77
    pls tell me na tga tsikot k pg ng txt ka...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I also would like to know if its possible to keep my stock 06 Civic head unit while upgrading the speakers and adding subs and amps. The Civic head unit looks nice kase

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yes it is...

one way is to use a signal processor such as JL's Cleansweep and RF's 3Sixty, pero this is a very expensive route as they cost at around 20-30k...

an el cheapo way is to use a line-out converter so that the speaker outputs of your HU can be converted into RCA's, but this is not good if you are lookign for sound quality...

pero why not use a dash kit as it's fairly easy to find one these days?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i really wouldn't want to pretend to be a car audio nut but IMHO, the first thing you ought to change in an audio system is the HU. you have to improve the (data) source in the entire signal chain. otherwise, madumi ang sound na madidinig mo. malakas yes (madali naman palakasin ang tunog e) pero madumi. kapag hindi kasi maganda ang data source tapos inamplify mo ito, lalo lang nakakainis ang tunog after a while. at least a 3v pre-amp line-level output, tapos 3 pairs of signal outputs (front, surround and center/sub). using a frequency filter (as is usually the technique done by a lot of car stereo shops) isn't so effective and only places undue strain on the HU. mamya makakadinig ka ng boses sa subwoofer (which is not good for your subwoofers).

just from my meager experience, changing the HU and adding a good amp drastically improves the sound. dati kasi meron akong dalawang earthquake 12-inchers in a ported enclosure powered by an alpine 3566 (not the V12 variety). pero when i overhauled my system (now just a 4V pre-amp output HU, V12 amp, quart separates and ryan audio 6x9's) and threw out the subs and the alpine amp, parang mas happy ako ngayon sa tunog. mas malinis ang tunog (for me at least) and mas nakakapag-usap kami ng mga kasama ko sa kotse.

my suggestion: with your budget, change the HU and get a good quality amp. don't scrimp on the installer (i believe getting a good quality installation is much better than getting branded equipment). kung may budget pa, get good seps (focal ata ang uso ngayon). then kumuha ka ng magandang generic na 6x9's (yung ryan audio dati kasi may kevlar cones na mura lang). tapos pag nadagdagan ang budget mo later on, get a good class D amp and insane subwoofers. konting tiis lang. at least, its going to be worth the wait di ba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the quick response guys. I may need to change the head unit later on. Concern ko din kase is that walang nagbebenta ng Civic 06 dash kit dito sa Cebu City and I dont know which brand is better than the next one.

Any recommendations that any of you can give to your truly? Brand/Make/Model of the HU, Amps, Seps. etc?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
40K Budget for sound? HELP