New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    e kung baliktarin natin, how come Porsche doesnt have a proper luxury car like the 7 series? hehe

how come Porsche doesnt have a proper fast saloon like the M5?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I repeat po, coz it's not worth it and Porsche is not their competitor.

It's like asking why Ferrari doesn't come out with a SUV to match the Cayenne.
    Why BMW doesn't come up with a car to battle with the Camry/Accord in mid engine sales...
    Or any Euro brand to come up a pickup to match the F150 Lightning.

It's not their market nor their goals.

Lastly, how many rear mounted boxer engine competitor there is regardless of brand???

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey if you promise to buy enough units to cover their R&D, production line and other sunk costs, i'm sure they'll be more than willing to build it for you

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ^wow bigtime!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Simple, they're not interested in that market.

Honestly, such markets don't make a lot of money.
    probably this is it, there may be sufficient profit per car but the volume's(demand) not enough to satisfy them to produce one.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    The defunct Z8 had enough to go head-to-head with a Ferrari 360, but for some reason, it didn't draw as many fans as expected.
    there lies your answer...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ O nga no...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    no fans no profit hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The upcoming Z4 //M coupe comes to mind.

Or the already existing //M Z4 (with the current //M3's engine).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Here, I'm talking about a Porsche 911 rival. They make brilliant engines and chassis, but missed out on one model that could have been a proper GT. The 911 Carrera S can beat an M6 in a twisty road despite the latter having over a hundred hp more.
    Btw, I think that you already answered your question on your first paragraph.

In terms of pricing... the 911's closest rival is the 6-series... whether the 645i or the wicked M6. Plus, the 6-series is really being marketed as the GT car of BMW.

In terms of performance, the M6 wouldn't be that far off from the Carrera. Flatout the Carrera might beat the M6, but can the Carrera carry 4 passengers and their luggages for a weekend getaway in Monte Carlo?

As one magazine said... the 6-series is practical with a dash of sportiness... while the 911 is sporty with a dash of practicality. So, you choose - practicality or performance.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Why no proper coupe for BMW?