New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    four turbos!! that veyron is something. even faster than a F1 car on a straight line.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    and IIRC, it can empty its full tank in 12 mins..flatout whoa!!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bmw can just supply the engine to some other car manufactirer who would want to compete with porsche.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    The current M3 coupe is still not a pure sports car
    It seems that you haven't heard of the last gen ///M Roadster and ///M Coupe? It has with it the M3's engine - on a lighter body. This is one overlooked and underrated car:

And if you haven't heard... they have the Z4 right? Just a few years down the road and we'll be seeing the new ///M Roadster. A 400hp V8 is a big possibility.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    not to mention the upcoming Z4 M Coupe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    TARGET MARKET...

whats the target market of BMW?
    whats the image they want to project?

SHEER DRIVING PLEASURE and ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE...

for whom? for the rich people... more of luxurious driving experience than adrenaline rush...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Of course I know the M Coupe and Roadster before, but like the current Z4, they competed with the Porsche Boxster. Perhaps they'll come out with a Z4 coupe to fight the Cayman and hopefully an M version of both.

But the topic here is a 911 competitor, and the Boxster and Cayman are a level down that car. One of you said BMW can just sell engines to manufacturers that want to create a 911 rival, but why not do it themselves? Besides, they're supposed to be the ultimate driving machine, right? With that Porsche around, I think they have yet to fulfill that slogan with a true purist's car.
    Last edited by squala; January 1st, 2006 at 02:41 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelparadigm
    But for a name like BMW, sometimes should they focus not only on profitability, but also on pride.

Volkswagen, for example, created the Bugatti Veyron, the fastest car, or the fastest car that would ever be on the earth, for the sake of a "Technical Exercise" rather than making a profit from it.
    naniwala ka naman dun... sa price nun veyron impossible na hindi sila kikita dun...

300 units sold at 1.5M (base) each...
    =$450M

less 10% for dealer's cut... (45M)
    less 10% for marketing (45M)
    less 35% for Cost of GOODS SOLD (157.5M)
    less $56.25M for labor expenses (150p x 5 years * $75,000(avg) per year)*
    less $20M for misc expenses
    less $50M (est) for R&D
    ---------
    =$373.75M

450M - 373.75M
    = 76.25M
    less 30% tax... 22.875M

= 53.375M just for 300 cars? not bad!

*bloated average yan... imagine 150 ang tao na gagawa at may sweldo ng 4.125M pesos a year or 343,750 a month...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Perhaps they'll come out with a Z4 coupe to fight the Cayman and hopefully an M version of both.
    "Official: in june 2006 the arrival of the BMW Z4 and Z4M Coupe"

"Engine-wise, it's certain that the Z4 Coupè will have the three most performing 6 inlines of the Z4 Roadster range: the 2.5i (231 hp), the 3.0i (265 hp) and the 3.2 Motorsport with 343 hp on the Z4M Coupè"

the Z4 M Coupe isnt 'hopefully' coming, it IS coming very soon

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Of course I know the M Coupe and Roadster before, but like the current Z4, they competed with the Porsche Boxster. Perhaps they'll come out with a Z4 coupe to fight the Cayman and hopefully an M version of both.

But the topic here is a 911 competitor, and the Boxster and Cayman are a level down that car. One of you said BMW can just sell engines to manufacturers that want to create a 911 rival, but why not do it themselves. Besides, they're supposed to be the ultimate driving machine, right? With that Porsche around, I think they have yet to fulfill that slogan with a true purist's car.
    brand management... they want people to think of BMW as a luxurious brand rather than a porsche rival... they want the whole BMW concept to be luxury... thats why yachting and golf are the only ones in their lifestyle shop... and yun mga events na sponsored nila pansin mo puro pang-rich...

the question is not whether they can do it or not... but, if by doing it would it be harmful or beneficial for the brand?

imagine this, salvatorre ferragamo would make boots for delta force soldiers to show the world how durable his shoes are... they are not just stylish and classic but durable as well... none of his market would care, it would be harmful for the brand, clients would shy away from his brand...

if they would make a 911 rival... would it be more profitable and beneficial for the company in the long-run? does the target market want it?

i dunno... but their survey and marketing research says they dont need one...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Why no proper coupe for BMW?