New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hehehe sabihin nating the spread of a car loan and the deposit rate is 5% for arguments sake. In fact conservative na yan even for a HNW client...

5% for a 5M car (5 series for example) is P250,000. Quite an insurance to avoid harassment from the BIR. Might as well give the BIR auditor P100,000 and that should shut him up!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ok back to topic guys hehehe..
    So why am i dreaming of a BMW? Do i want to drive a car or a logo...
    I want to drive quality and finesse.

I have driven all those japanese car brand, toyota, mitsubishi, mazda, honda. But yet a bmw..
    Getting back to reality, i cannot afford a bmw right now so i just have to stick into my budget.

I am 25, College Professor in PUP. With 2 Kids (1 wife)
    My Current Car is a Mazda 3 2.0 L which i am selling now on various websites.
    I prefer loan, even though i have the cash, we always get the car on loans.
    So 500k down payment then if possible 2 years to pay the remaining.

I am currently looking videos of Mazda MX5, Mazda 6, Honda Accord.
    I guess i have to work more for the Europeans brands...hahaha

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Why do that? IMO they are still stupid and I don't care how rich they are. Why pay interest on a car when you can pay cash? No bank placements can ever beat car loan interest rates cause that the banks interest rate spread. They give you low rates then lend at high rates and pocket the difference.

You could trade stocks or trade forex and beat the car loan interest rates, but thats risky and there is no guarantee you will make money. But your car loan amortization goes on even if you make or lose money trading stocks or forex...

Ex. Why pay 3m in cash when you can do financing in 2 years with 0% interest. You have 2 years to make that money work for you.

Also, even if you finance a car, say 3-4 years, with interest. The potential income with your money-on-hand can easily overcome that interest.

200-300k discount for cash buying? =10-15% discount. In 2 years, you can earn more of that with such money in your control.

I know lots of rich people who get loans than spend their own money.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolfryan View Post
    Ok back to topic guys hehehe..
    So why am i dreaming of a BMW? Do i want to drive a car or a logo...
    I want to drive quality and finesse.

I have driven all those japanese car brand, toyota, mitsubishi, mazda, honda. But yet a bmw..
    Getting back to reality, i cannot afford a bmw right now so i just have to stick into my budget.

I am 25, College Professor in PUP. With 2 Kids (1 wife)
    My Current Car is a Mazda 3 2.0 L which i am selling now on various websites.
    I prefer loan, even though i have the cash, we always get the car on loans.
    So 500k down payment then if possible 2 years to pay the remaining.

I am currently looking videos of Mazda MX5, Mazda 6, Honda Accord.
    I guess i have to work more for the Europeans brands...hahaha
    Just think of it this way. Why buy a low-end bimmer when you can buy TOPL from other brands which have WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more features. Try to do some price comparisons on the net. (eg. 2-3m cars).

Well if it's for the sake of getting noticed by the masa (Uy BMW), isipin mo nalang rin iniisip ng rich people (Uy, BMW, 3 series low end). haha.

Well just my opinion. Basta for me, don't go for the brand, go for the one that offers more for you. (and as long as you're happy and you CAN afford it)

BTW, if you really want a BMW, I would suggest to take advantage of its low resale value. Buy 2nd hand.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nope i don't want to get attention from the masa. I just want to drive a bmw. As simple as that. Infact, ayaw ko ngang tinitignan ako. I dont want attention. I just want to drive a quality car.

I was thinking on buying an mx-5, but again it says it attracts too much attention.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: car loan discussions:

Big timers get preferential loan rates... maybe low enough so that the bank's income is marginal... but for the bank, this ensures that those big-timers stay their customers. Accept marginal income on a ten million peso loan to ensure hundreds of millions of pesos of income earning capital stays in your bank? Why not?

---

If it's for the experience, well... you can always get a test drive.

It's easy to think you're missing something fundamental from the experience if you haven't had seat time in a luxury car... but, after zillions of test drives and some experience with expensive cars owned by rich relatives, let me tell you this:

There's luxury and there's LUXURY. If you want LUXURY... meaning to say: something that doesn't just feel like a car, but something else, you're looking at spending around 7-8 million for something like a fully-loaded 7-series or a Jaguar XJ. A 3-series feels luxurious, but in the end, it's just a 3-series. A compact sedan that company representatives drive to work in in Europe. It does feel more solid than your typical compact, but then, so does a Ford Focus...

But seriously... the cheapest car you can get that will give you the full euro experience in terms of luxury is the Mini Cooper. Bank-vault solid. Incredible build quality.

If you want a luxury sedan with lots of space: Go with the top-of-the-line Accord. I genuinely find the interior more luxurious than the lower-range Europeans. The ride is comfortable and the toys are great. Only niggle is the AC doesn't reach well into the back seat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE: car loan discussions:

Big timers get preferential loan rates... maybe low enough so that the bank's income is marginal... but for the bank, this ensures that those big-timers stay their customers. Accept marginal income on a ten million peso loan to ensure hundreds of millions of pesos of income earning capital stays in your bank? Why not?

---

If it's for the experience, well... you can always get a test drive.

It's easy to think you're missing something fundamental from the experience if you haven't had seat time in a luxury car... but, after zillions of test drives and some experience with expensive cars owned by rich relatives, let me tell you this:

There's luxury and there's LUXURY. If you want LUXURY... meaning to say: something that doesn't just feel like a car, but something else, you're looking at spending around 7-8 million for something like a fully-loaded 7-series or a Jaguar XJ. A 3-series feels luxurious, but in the end, it's just a 3-series. A compact sedan that company representatives drive to work in in Europe. It does feel more solid than your typical compact, but then, so does a Ford Focus...

But seriously... the cheapest car you can get that will give you the full euro experience in terms of luxury is the Mini Cooper. Bank-vault solid. Incredible build quality.

If you want a luxury sedan with lots of space: Go with the top-of-the-line Accord. I genuinely find the interior more luxurious than the lower-range Europeans. The ride is comfortable and the toys are great. Only niggle is the AC doesn't reach well into the back seat.
    Wala bang rear vents and AC ng Accord?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    It has rear vents.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Wala bang rear vents and AC ng Accord?
    That was back in 08. I don't recall if they did... but I remember that whether they did or not, the AC was noticeably weak in the rear.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    It has rear vents.
    Yes mayroon nyan ang lahat ng variants ng Accord.

Try mo yung Mazda MX-5..Heck this one's much better than buying a BMW 318i na almost 2.9 Million Pesos ang presyo.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Price of BMW's 2010 here in the Philippines?