New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I was wondering why is the pricelist never updated? And why is BMW hiding their price in their website. All car brands are ok showing their Prices on every model but why not BMW?. I am selling my 2006 Mazda 3. And i am "dreaming" to maybe own at least a Bmw 3 series (even the cheapest model).

So how much is it? And how much is the maintenance?

My 1st option is the Toyota Camry, Accord, Mazda 6.. Last one would be Bmw 3 series because i dont even know the price.

So thanks for the future help

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    hey man,

You can look into http://www.motioncars.com/ . Almost all the cars are listed there and updated regularly.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the price of a Mazda6, you can buy a 2-year old secondhand 320i.

The only brand new BMW available anywhere near the purchase price of a top-of-the-line Accord or Camry (around 2m) is the 116i. 1.6 liters of ultimate driving goodness and a rear seat smaller than a Honda Jazz's.

The print mags (Top Gear Philippines and C!) have the updated price list. I guess BMW doesn't put it on their site because, if you have to ask... you can't afford it.

If you've got a budget of 2m and are looking for an "ultimate driving machine" in that price range... get a Mazda MX-5. Rides better than a 1-series, has less understeer... more power... and a manual transmission. Has two less seats, but the 1-series seats are tiny, anyway.

If you can increase your budget to around 2.6m, you can buy the cheapest brand-new BMW worth owning, the 120d Sport. Still a pathetic rear seat, but you won't mind with that wonderful, tire-shredding diesel engine under the bonnet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Budget is only around 2m.. Maybe i can increase to 2.3 Max

BMW should put the pricelist. So what if its 7m for their Z4. Some people can afford it right? Its my dream to have the 3 series, at least i thought it was the cheapest lol...

My uncle recently bought a hyundai genesis coupe. The 3.6 v8 GSA.. Looks cools, its fast, but i don't like the Logo H in my grills lol.

So its either Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, MX5.
    Hmmmmm

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005

aspirational brand

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolfryan View Post
    Budget is only around 2m.. Maybe i can increase to 2.3 Max

BMW should put the pricelist. So what if its 7m for their Z4. Some people can afford it right? Its my dream to have the 3 series, at least i thought it was the cheapest lol...

My uncle recently bought a hyundai genesis coupe. The 3.6 v8 GSA.. Looks cools, its fast, but i don't like the Logo H in my grills lol.

So its either Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, MX5.
    Hmmmmm
    Well... here's the thing:

Are you driving a car or a logo?

A brand new car with a prestigious brand will elicit wows from people... but in three or four years, it's just last year's model, whether it's BMW, a Honda or a Hyundai. I'd much rather worry about how much I'll like driving or riding in the car than what other people think about the logo on the grille.

Though why some Genesis owners change the logos, I don't know... it's the 21st century! It's okay to like Korean cars now!

I'd say test drive cars in your price range and that suit your requirements (sounds like you want either a midsized V6 sedan or an affordable sports car... something with presence and power) and decide without bias towards brand.

Then research the running costs / horror stories / dealer experiences for your top three choices then decide after that.

Aside from those mentioned, you could look at the Subaru Legacy, WRX and Forester XT (relatively quick, in your budget, have a certain cachet), the Mini Cooper S (just over 2m, lots of fun to drive, chicks dig it... really cramped in the back-seat, but the front buckets are surprisingly accomodating), the Hyundai Sonata (no V6 yet, though... but surprisingly over-loaded with gadgets and features) and maybe even the Volvo C30 T5 (more room than the Mini... almost as much style, and it's a European brand...).

Lots of interesting cars in that price range if you're willing to look around.

The Mini is an interesting one. That one has brand cachet, presence, good resale value and exclusivity. It's made by BMW, and it shows in the build quality. It rides surprisingly well for such a small car, and is very solid. Get the Cooper S and it's entertainingly quick and nimble, too.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For 2 million, I suggest look at the pre-owned or good second hand market. You can even buy a good BMW x5 for that budget. Even if I can afford BMW brand new, I just find it a very poor investment since the resale value is very low. Maybe in 2 years, your car will be probably worth half the brand new price.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    gusto ko x6... hay... panaginip pa lang...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_komyuter View Post
    gusto ko x6... hay... panaginip pa lang...
    Haaaaay... kaya ko naman. Benta mga kotse... benta bahay... benta lupa... benta kaluluwa...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    or get a loan

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Price of BMW's 2010 here in the Philippines?