New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hahaha the banks would love to give you a loan for a BMW, but you must be stupid to buy a luxury vehicle on a loan... Tawag duon trying hard!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    but nobody would know if you paid cash or you got a loan hehe

basta naka new BMW

image is everything

Last edited by uls; September 6th, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

aspirational brand
    That car logo strips panties off girls faster than diarrhea.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hahaha the banks would love to give you a loan for a BMW, but you must be stupid to buy a luxury vehicle on a loan... Tawag duon trying hard!
    Not really. When my wife was still working in a bank, they had clients with hundreds of millions in placements, yet they buy cars through financing.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Why do that? IMO they are still stupid and I don't care how rich they are. Why pay interest on a car when you can pay cash? No bank placements can ever beat car loan interest rates cause that the banks interest rate spread. They give you low rates then lend at high rates and pocket the difference.

You could trade stocks or trade forex and beat the car loan interest rates, but thats risky and there is no guarantee you will make money. But your car loan amortization goes on even if you make or lose money trading stocks or forex...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    but the nobody would know if you paid cash or you got a loan hehe

basta naka new BMW

image is everything

Yeah sadly that is the consumer culture that is being planted to our kid's mind... I thank my parents for making me different!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Why do that? IMO they are still stupid and I don't care how rich they are. Why pay interest on a car when you can pay cash? No bank placements can ever beat car loan interest rates cause that the banks interest rate spread. They give you low rates then lend at high rates and pocket the difference.

You could trade stocks or trade forex and beat the car loan interest rates, but thats risky and there is no guarantee you will make money. But your car loan amortization goes on even if you make or lose money trading stocks or forex...
    I think it's to avoid getting the attention of the BIR.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kung BIR lang naman e you can always ask the sales manager nicely not to reveal your name... Still I wouldn't pay the interest rates just for the sake of the BIR meddling... Besides if you loan from a bank you still need an ITR, its a BIR document...

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    good day.buying a car in cash will also require the buyer its TIN for the car registration.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Not really. When my wife was still working in a bank, they had clients with hundreds of millions in placements, yet they buy cars through financing.
    i think it's coz banks give high net worth customers lower rates for car loans than ordinary borrowers

and their large placements earn higher rates than ordinary depositors

so one evens out the other and it makes sense to the HNW customers to get a car loan

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Price of BMW's 2010 here in the Philippines?