New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    POINT 1: A Lambo goes just as fast as a Ferrari but why would you choose one over the other automaker?

POINT 2: Yes, but information and technology learned from racing later show up in the showroom product, i.e. stability control, traction control, engine management tuning, so buyers may not know it but the gizmos they like on the car that effect the vehicles driving characteristics was tested on the track and it does somehow influence their decision.
    Re: Point 1 - it is true that the badge does play a role.

Point 2 - race tech is where most new technologies are tested. a case in point being the TDI winning this year. Diba we all have a preconceived about Diesel. What the manufacturer tries to do is try to better that and the race track is the testing ground. Another was quattro. It came into being in the rally circuit and proved successful therefore bettering technology. Of course M-series BMWs also are race proven...but not every M-badged BMW out there is really an M is it?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The question being would Ferrari be where it is without race heritage? Porsche? They have a comfy family version in the Cayenne. Even Honda realised the power of racing when their founder aspired to be the first Japanese car to win F1...I'm sure we remember what the perception was of "Made in Japan" products...So who could forget their long success on the circuit...Now people put "Vtec" badges on their cars...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O kung sino may oras...

Mercedes Race History

Audi Race History

BMW Race History

2004 German Car Sales Figures...

http://www.autozine.org/Manufacturer/Germany.htm

(BMW outsold Audi by 300,000+ in 2004 while VW outsold all other combined hehe)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=redorange]Both brands provide comfort and style, so why would you choose one over the other? Does a brands particular history be it in performance, quality, or resale value influence your decision? Or is it just based on the name brand? A Lambo goes just as fast as a Ferrari but why would you choose one over the other automaker?

This is very easy to answer my friend.....

Lets say everything is equal between lets say BMW and AUDI or LAMBO and FERRRI...(JUST FOR AN EXAMPLE)... Lets say they both have good quality, both have a splendid customer after sales, say they have both the same price tag both comfortable and stylish and for the sake of argument from the starter of this thread both are fast and proven racing pedigree....

then IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO ONE'S PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!! and that I think matters for a person who can make a decision for himself isnt?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    racing is a game of chance. BMW or other cars before, Audi Now, new sleek car brand in the future.

sabi nga sa FF3: Tokyo Drift: walang sense ang racing kung to prove fastest lang ang goal mo.

kakatuwa nga yan FF3 masyado matalinghaga yun hapon. tinablan ako dun sa isang sinabi niya: "Life's simple! you make choices and you dont look back"

and the Euro car of choice of our generation today, BMW! hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zidane21
    galing... sakto!!! 3-points!

pero honestly ang ganda ng audi s8 (tama ba?) sa transporter 2!! he he
    Yupp... I like that Audi as well and is bulletproof, actually the new design of Audi is quite good....although the stunts was surreal but who cares....that film is for entertainment anyway...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Imau
    and just when I thought I'm strange, I like boobs also!

harharharharhar and probably majority of male populace does as well.....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Let me put it this way...

What's all the Audi rant about???? hehe...
    ....reminds me of that poster who owned a TT. then again, he ranted practically about everything... sorry sa OT.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hmmm, IMHO lang, ala naman me nakitang heated replies. Peace unto all.

I think may kinalaman din ang design & marketing.

Design: Excepting today's Korean-look BMWs, talagang mas macho at galit ang dating ng mga BMW... for example, my E34... Meanwhile, yung Audi e... mukhang itlog. Btw, W12 yung A8 sa Transporter 2.

Marketing: Why do some people (lalo na women) think na Jaguar is such a nice car? Sa US, mas mura sya than either BMW or MB. Tapos sirain ng todo-todo... parang Ferrari... ehehe.

Anyway, IMO, for more informed buyers, wala naman masyadong brand loyalty. For example, type kong daily driver ngayon is a Volvo S60T5 (talo lang sya dun sa E39 540i I looked at... but in today's world, patay tayo sa gas nyan). Yun lang, ala pera e... ehehe.

If I was asked to get an M5 for a daily driver, I'd say no thanks. Di ko na kaya these days yung bumpy suspension and M/T. Pang weekends lang yan...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab
    ....reminds me of that poster who owned a TT. then again, he ranted practically about everything... sorry sa OT.
    Uuuy, kayo ha... di ko na nga nakikita nagpo-post...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
If Audi has a better recent race history that BMW why do people like BMWs?