New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Same accident.

Ang palusot pala is blinded by the bikers light, eh bakit ka papasok sa kabilang lane, pwede naman bumagal at pumunta sa kanang part ng road para iwas sa incoming glare ng headlight. Yari si Lolo dito, sablay dahilan.
    agree. di kasalanan ng participants ito. bikers will be there... may challenge man o wala.

pero the car driver na walang nakikita should have stopped his car

ang nakakalngkot sa accident na ito. for sure yung mga bike may comprehensive insurance... yung car malamang wala

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    I thought this "Ironman" was a triathlon.
    It turns out to be some sort of "Cannonball Run" on motorcycles pala.

Assuming this was a two way road, the car was indeed in the wrong lane. But wrong lane or not, I don't think events like this should be sanctioned (if they are) on public streets. I'm not going to bother looking up the applicable (and probably ancient) statutes on the matter, but off the bat pa lang masasabi ko it would be against public policy at the very least.

Imagine allowing a dangerous situation to come about just because a few guys want to race their big bikes?

Malamang, nagtipid yung organizer to coordinate (and avoid giving 'padulas') with the concerned LGU to close off the roads for safety, and may waiver pa yung participants diyan (gross negligence lang di exempted dun).

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Personally I think i-Tuloy Lang nila iyan pero dapat Gawin nila inter-island. The farther the better. Pero they've got to police themselves. I'm sure they have safety policies in place na pero Hindi nasusunod Ng madami nilang members.

Ok Naman Ang idea pero madami napeperwisyo na Hindi nila miyembro kaya they've got to address that sa tingin ko.
    The streets are dangerous enough sa dami ng bad drivers (4, 3 or 2 wheel man) dito, na may mga batas nga, pero di nasusunod (este, di SINUsunod) kunsintihin pa kaya dapat ang mga ganito? Para sa akin, di ako boto.

Minsan nga kahit pedestrian, PASAWAY din eh...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I wonder how many kg of emissions this event will create.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    "It's not a race" daw, as per their rules, in that there is no ranking when you finish it (ie. 1st , 2nd, 3rd, etc.) It's either you finish it in 24 hours or you don't.

But in order to finish the 1,200 km journey in 24 hours, you'll need to maintain 50kph ave. speed, minimum. That's not much of a leeway if you have to eat, rest, fuel-up, or get stuck in traffic. So it may not be a race in principle, however you will be compelled to drive fast to make up for lost time.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    From a chat:

BOSS Ironman 2023 accidents:

1. Yamaha MT09 vs. Tricycle
    2. BMW GS 1250 vs. white sedan (head-on)
    3. Bristol Venturi vs. white sedan (head-on)
    4. Yamaha Tmax vs. small motorcycle
    5. Ducati Multistrada - rider #0236
    6. Benelli TRK - rider #0797
    7. Montero 4 wheels
    8. UV Express - Lady rider GSA

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    "It's not a race" daw, as per their rules, in that there is no ranking when you finish it (ie. 1st , 2nd, 3rd, etc.) It's either you finish it in 24 hours or you don't.

But in order to finish the 1,200 km journey in 24 hours, you'll need to maintain 50kph ave. speed, minimum. That's not much of a leeway if you have to eat, rest, fuel-up, or get stuck in traffic. So it may not be a race in principle, however you will be compelled to drive fast to make up for lost time.
    It's quite a chicken and egg question. It's an endurance challenge dahil kailangan mo i-meet yung deadline so talagang wala halos tulog, kain, at pahinga. Isinasabay lang ang alin man dyan sa pagpapakarga ng gasolina. Kinompute ko nga din yan 1200km for 24hrs. so around 50km average speed nga. Pero may parts na talagang you'll be almost at a crawl due to traffic, then like this run eh most of the routes daw eh maulan. Technically, ayaw nila tawaging race kasi wala ngang award for 1st or top 5 or top 10. Pero you really have to race against the clock just to finish in time. So it's almost a race na nga rin talaga. Unlike kung let's say for two days yan (average of 25kph), yung mga di makakatapos eh yun lang mga nasiraan, naaksidente, lack of stamina, o nag-quit na lang for reasons of their own.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

no, it's not a race.
    because racing on public roads is usually illegal.

"rally driving" of the olde 60s and 70s, is the nearest analogy i can think of.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    no, it's not a race.
    because racing on public roads is usually illegal.

"rally driving" of the olde 60s and 70s, is the nearest analogy i can think of.
    fit every participant with gps. tapos tingnan ang ave. speed pati na din top speeds attained during the event.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    fit every participant with gps. tapos tingnan ang ave. speed pati na din top speeds attained during the event.
    not required... you can just watch the YouTube/Facebook videos of participants... you'll see how fast they went when the roads were clear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
"BMW Philippines powers BOSS Ironman Challenge VII"