New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    What to do with a newly painted car?
    gasgasan na yan..!!:twisted:

dadalhin mo ba sa lahar playground si safari mo?

congrats..

theveed,

sir question.

nabangga ung quarter panel ko. tapos parepair ko agad. kaso hindi nakuha ung saktong kulay -- hindi nakuha ung tamang darkness nya.. tapos malabo din..ano ba pwedeng gawin ng big bert's para dito.

salamas.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alfred,

wag na daw muna nating sabunin, kahit tubig nalang daw muna and u know wat, maganda daw pang punas pag dry na sa kotse yung BIMPO na 100% cotton. yung mga mura lang na nilalako di daw mkaka gas gas. ayon daw yun sa meguiars!!!

theveed, yun nga din yung nalilito ako eh, newly painted and ginawan nila ng 3 step detailing, using wax as the last step. ok naman ang result, so you mean ba mag fade yung paint ko

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano kung bagong repaint yung bumper ko, oks lang ba mahugasan or mabasa /maulanan sya? di magbabago yung kintab or shade ng paint?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede mabasa etc... just think na if they're still painting your car, they wetsand the paint anyway before buffing... no prob with wetting it... as for waxing... dapat di pa winawax... also as for wiping the car with bimpo... not a very good idea especially if the surface is dry...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    the solvents in the paint mixture needs to evaporate over time (usually 1-2 months) and applying any type of sealant (wax or sealant) will prevent this evaporation from happening, causing the paint to haze underneath the sealed product.
    sir question lang re: the topic above... for a new car, di ba before they release it the paint was dried in an oven already? di ndi pa pwede iwax ang isang bnew car after 1 month of use?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A brand new car doesn't nede curing time for its paint.. understand that a new car is painted on rails without any rubber, plastic or accessories built in, the whole panel is sprayed (ionized sprayers) and baked almost in rapid succession, in addition, after leaving the plant, your "brand new car" has been stored or driven around the plant parking lot for months, then another few months in the dealership...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed:::malapit na akong pumunta dyan. tell your peeps to start working out, baka sumakit ang kili2 nila sa pag scrub ng ceiling ko :mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i think thats right.. i had my car newly painted e b4 sya ilabas na wax na sya nung nagpaint..so papano yun? thus it mean na after ilang month wala na gloss ng car ko?? yellow pa naman.. pangit pag wala gloss.... help.... do i have to call the car painter???kakaasar.......!!!!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dont worry that much, wax usually wears off after a week or so, i don't think the wax will be that durable anyway unless it's a really high quality wax... If you're really worried, just wash your car more often within the week, the wax will be gone in a week or so...

Afrasay: No prob pre! we love ceilings hehe... See you dude.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Up ko lang ito. This info is very useful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What to do with a newly painted car?